London Wonderground [South Bank]

Luke_A

Was planning on putting this in the 'Parks / rides / news' topic but then realised it's locked :o So here's a new topic...

The 226ft Mellors Starflyer has returned to the South Bank as of today and will be residing there until 29th September as part of the Wonderground. So if you're around the area pop on for a ride! The spinning mouse coaster has not returned for this year.

Starflyer was priced at £7 last year though I am unsure of prices this year. Never have I seen it less than £6 at other locations.

https://www.londonwonderground.co.uk/gallery

I've never heard of this before, and after looking at the website I'm still not entirely sure what it is!

Has anyone been? Is it all about the shows with some bars and food outleets, or are there other rides and stalls like Winter Wonderland?

Yeah you summed it up really, it's mainly focused on the bars and shows with a few stalls and the Starflyer on the side. There was a spinning wild mouse coaster there last year but that hasn't returned this time. The tourists seem to love it and it can get rather busy around there!

And ta James - I guess that's just inflation ;)

yes, I remember going on these. very busy period, although, the sky flyer seems overrated...

and last year I was extremely lucky. with my dad working nearby, I was given 35 quid to blow until he finished...

Winter wonderland is good fun! I want to go again, just good christmas fun for all really...

maybe this will help you get what its about

I visited this last year when I was in London - thought it was cool but didn't get to go on any rides as my friend is a complete wuss and at the age of nearly 34 has never ridden a coaster :o - they had a freak show there which I wouldn't have minded having a gander at but we didn't have time - wouldn't mind going back again

https://www.londonwonderground.co.uk/gallery

I've never heard of this before, and after looking at the website I'm still not entirely sure what it is!

Has anyone been? Is it all about the shows with some bars and food outleets, or are there other rides and stalls like Winter Wonderland?

My localish beer garden - I love this place. I have never ridden any of the rides here or gone to see the shows but it's a great place to have a drink and sit on the grass or sit in your waltzer with a dodgem table!

The shows at the beginning of the season were for E4 and then once E4 have finished doing what they do then the 'stadium' comes down and then that's when the crazy mouse arrived last year, when more room was available. However in the 'western' area they do like a comedy show or dance/ entertainment - A bit of pick and mix really. However I just go there to enjoy a drink in nice surroundings.

What it is, I suppose you could say is a entertainment complex which has a feel of a festival that doesn't move ;)