Crealy (Devon)

OldFarmerDean

So their new Twister (crazy mouse) ride is open, was supposed to be open back in May, but I think it only just opened end of last month!

So found this video off ride, and they're building wooden barriers around the ride, while the ride is open, surely that's safe right!? And I wonder if it's actually going to be themeing, or if they're doing what they probably had to do to the other big rides to block the sound of screaming for the locals.

Crealy is my childhood home. I remember maximums being my first ride ever and I fell into the little river in the forest once. Might have to make a trip to there soon, for this and the indoor play area!

Was that on the adventure nature bit where you walk across the stream on bridges and stuff aha... whoops!

I've been there a few times before when I was younger, I remember Maximus back when it was El Paso Loco before it was rethemed... but I love being a big kid, went Woodlands in devon (although let down by 0 creds haha) back in may for my 21st birthday, and going crealy for the long weekend next week, oh dear! :P

just back from a weekend there...

Crealy is a decent, and the Maximus coaster is probably one of my favourite kiddy/family coasters... but there's a few things that really annoy me about the place... their Vortex waterslides (like depth charge) are pretty much one rider at a time, and one or two of them are 1 adult and one child, which means the ride clearly wasn't thought through, as its boring by yourself... and well their new twister coaster is a complete joke, although new it's just such a bad ride, with them having to send round empty cars, extremely slow operations which makes for a painful queue, and then the actual ride is a mini (fairground) crazy mouse, and it has brakes on the way round that actually slow you down, and the spinning section the actual car has brakes to slow down the spinning at times; I can't explain very well, but if you're in crealy go and see how much of a joke the ride is for yourself... I hope they didn't pay a lot for it as it looks so cheap and tacky (although brand new)!

The Crealy meadows campsite was amazing, and allowed entry to the indoor play area in the evnings until 11pm plus live entertainment and a bar which was really cool!

So overall a great place and weekend... just still prefer woodlands for some reason... even without any creds!!

I've been to Crealy, we used to have family friends who lived in Somerset so we went there a couple times when we visited them. Last year's new Dino Jeeps or whatever it is wasn't that bad, and Atlantis wasn't awful either. Maximus was amazing, and I haven't seen this new coaster because we went last year, and our friends have moved to Scotland. Just a tip, there's an American Diner just down the road from Crealy called Route 303 which serves amazing food and I would definitely recommend it! The milkshakes are luscious!