Stealth

Dave5151

Question

7 answers to this question

It sounds like you visited during July/August time, when both Stealth and Ghost Train were closed for extended periods of time for separate - and very uncommon - circumstances.  

This is not the norm and both of them are scheduled to be open, bar unforeseen maintenance, for all of 2017 as far as Thorpe have said.

Unfortunately rides breakdowns happen from time to time and in this instance both were down. 

As Baron has mentioned, I'm assuming you visited in the summer where both rides suffered drastic and unfortunate down time over major hardware issues. 

Hopefully this year neither attractions (and most of the park preferably) won't suffer drastic downtime and should be open for your visit. 

N.B if you visit the park after Mattymoo and Jadam ride Stealth after eating kebabs and alcohol, be prepared to be disappointed.

From what I've seen, it isn't common for Stealth to have downtime.

Apart from the closure for replacing the cable, I've witnessed more downtime on the other 4 coasters than I have for Stealth.

As Intamin Accelerators go, Stealth is pretty darn reliable.

Oh, and DBGT is a complete mystery. Hopefully they will have solved some of the problems during the off-season.

Stealth was very, very good at up time until midway through the season, however issues are usually quickly fixed, you've been unlucky! DBGT however is down more then its up I swear.. It was awfully unreliable last  year, so doesn't surprise me you missed out on that to be honest.

On 21/01/2017 at 10:33 AM, Dave5151 said:

Does Stealth or Ghost Train have set opening days or times? I live 350 miles away from Thorpe Park so it's an expensive trip out for us with hotel stay needed. We have been three times now and each time Stealth was closed and on the last visit Ghost Train was closed too.

I believe that Thorpe park hasn't planned any maintenance this year. But watch out for Colossus!