Cheapest european parks to visit?

LK_

What really costs the money is not the parks, but the travelling. Your gate cost will be pretty insignificant compared to travel, with accomodation being somewhere in the middle but highly tailorable depending on the level of squalor you are willing to endure.

So it kind of depends what way you want to look at it.

If you are after a single park quick trip you are probably best off looking at flights to airports near parks and going to wherever Ryanair are willing to fly you for £15 each way. 

If you want to get the best value for money you are best off looking for a cluster of parks, flying there as reasonably as you can, and travelling about a bit. I'd always hire a car for convenience, but public transport can be better value (if the parks are on bus routes that is,you don't want to end up paying for taxis!). Germany is very good for this option. Because you are only flying once your cost per park will be much lower than repeated trips, but it will obviously be a higher one off overall spend than a quick single park trip.

I'd always advise saving a bit longer and making your trip more worthwhile by visiting multiple parks.

- Driving to Astrix can work out pretty cheap with a night ferry crossing. Loads of rural villages with cheap overnight accommodation on the route back.

- Could be combined with a further drive to Disney, but that is one place the ticket price is significant. Some really good on site hotel deals including park entry crop up off season though.

- I did Holiday Park, Tripsdrill, Mountains and Europa in one 8 day fly drive. I didn't slum it, packed stuff in, and that cost me about £500 before food and drink, which I don't thinks ablot but it could be done much cheaper.

- There's a similar cluster centered around Phantasia/Move Park to the north, which are probably closer together and cheaper overall.

Pluk is right in that travel will always be your biggest expense, so it depends on your options that way.

As something a bit more out there, the two major parks in Poland (Energylandia and Legendia) are booming at the moment. Flights are pretty cheap, they're both within an hour or so of each other, and entry to the parks is like £15 each. Bit different, and a bit more unknown since less people have done it, but maybe worth considering.

There's the lovely cluster pluk mentioned too, with Phantasialand, Movie Park Germany, Toverland and Efteling all within a couple of hours of each other. Whenever I've done that parks, I've driven that way, which is a longer, but cheaper and less faff. If you can get cheap flights, you could do that pretty well.

Don't forget Liseberg either. Again, if you can find a cheap flight to Gothenburg, it's a ridiculously easy park to travel to and would be inexpensive in that sense. 

City parks are the easiest and cheapest, Madrid is a good shout here (plus Parque Warner isn't that hard to get to via public transport either)...

Efteling is a good one via public transport too (either Amsterdam or Rotterdam airports), and Asterix is just as doable (coaches from Lourve in central Paris or CDG airport)...

Verona airport is a good central base for the northern Italian parks as well, though not sure on the public transport side of things there...