Other Uk Theme Park Trips

Blackpool was AMAZING! The amount of rides they actully had there was staggering! And for only £26! Me and my friend worked out that we did 59 rides in two days! Also, the amount of themeing involved was HUGE! My favoriot ride was the wooden one called "rollercoaster". Not too bumpy and lots of airtime!:):):):):)ps: if anyone is going to pleasure beach, go on "gold mine" its just weird! And amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love visiting theme parks that are outside of the Merlin theme park world. You begin to appreciate how other parks cope when money isn't chucked at them willy nilly, and how out of a desire to achieve, the park is better for it. It may be why I prefer Chessington to Legoland, Nemesis to any other post 2000 rollercoaster and why Oakwood impressed me far more then it may have deserved.Oakwood, unlike Alton is quite an easy drive with very little hills through tiny villages, instead its more a journey through fields on the M4. The park reminds me a little bit of Paultons with its over the top entrance colour scheme. The entrance is decked in bright green and orange and invites you to ride THE TOP 4. These are Megafobia, Speed, Bounce and Hydro.Posted ImageNaturally we tried the challenge and headed straight for Megafobia. It was running one train and we queued about five minutes for the back row. Now, a lot of discussion on here goes for woodie as the way to go at thorpe. I disagree, with the amount of criticism Colossus and Saw come under, there is no way the average Thorpe fanboy and guest could take a ride like Megafobia. Now I personally think it is an excellent ride but it certainly doesn't treat you like a king. In fact its bloody violent. It jerks you, shakes you and throws you around for its full 90 second ride. And its pure class. It keeps its pace excellently for the full ride and I can totally see why this was in its day a top ten rollercoaster.Posted ImageWe avoided Speed for a little while as there just isn't enough there to over-ride. We went on Treetop Coaster which was very cute, RCT2esque rollercoaster. We had two goes round and had a great laugh. We also rode Bounce, one of the top FOUR. :) It was a bit forceful and alot of fun to. And finally Speed. It is a far better ride then Saw and Rage and a very decent, well paced intense rollercoaster. It's hard to say why it gets so much right whilst Saw doesn't, but it just feels far smoother and enjoyable. The ride was running one car and we queued about ten minutes for it.We never did get onto Hydro, in fact due to its opening hours we never even saw it move. It is only open from 2-5 pm due to the rides expense but from what I could see its a far more scary ride then Tidal Wave. I'd question whether I'd really ever want to ride it frankly.Megafobia X3Speed X2Treetops Rollercoaster X2Bounce X1Toboggan Ride X1Brer Rabbit X1Spooky 3D X1Tractors X1