Introduce Yourself

Dan_Rush

4 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Welcome to the forum Matt. I'm loving your discussion points at the moment, thank you for teaching this old man something. I had no idea a B&M hyper was once considered where The Swarm is.

And I've been on Thorpe Park forums for nigh on 18 years.

Thanks @Mark9!

To be completely honest, I hadn’t known that either prior to reading the Thorpe book;  I’ll admit that I am surprised that such a big and exciting cancelled ride hadn’t been widely known about prior to the book’s release!

One does have to wonder what the ride would have been like… as much as I do like Swarm, I would have absolutely loved a hyper!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Danny, 19-year-old non-binary (AFAB) and American. Have never been to Thorpe, but it seems like a good place. I love X:/ No Way Out because of its computer horror motif, and it reminds me of an obscure character from Toonami (a Cartoon Network block that aired in the US) named Swayzak, who I have created an MCU level of lore surrounding.

Home park is Six Flags Great Adventure, which is heaven for this DC nerd. I always wanted to go to Alton Towers as a kid because of Sonic Spinball. But now the theming's gone, so...

Hellooo I'm Max! Long time lurker but was once a member as a teenager as 'Coaster XTREME', so it's good to be back with a slightly more mature username xD.

I'm a filmmaker/film geek and long time coaster/theme park enthusiast.

I've been going to Thorpe Park since I was very young and I run some of the biggest theme park groups on Facebook..

19 hours ago, CineramaMax said:

Hellooo I'm Max! Long time lurker but was once a member as a teenager as 'Coaster XTREME', so it's good to be back with a slightly more mature username xD.

I'm a filmmaker/film geek and long time coaster/theme park enthusiast.

I've been going to Thorpe Park since I was very young and I run some of the biggest theme park groups on Facebook..

Welcome to TPM @CineramaMax!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys and girls!

I used to be on these forums, years back and somehow drifted away. It says I joined in 2012. I also briefly worked at Thorpe Park in 2005! This all sounds so funny when your typing it up or saying it aloud. 

So Hi everyone!!! I didn’t say much on here before, so I don’t expect anyone to remember me, but it would nice to use this again and make some friends with similar interests. 

And lastly, I’m thinking of getting an annual pass so I can visit more! 

• 2 weeks later...