Introduce Yourself

Dan_Rush

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I'm back on here after many, many years for reasons which I shall go on to explain shortly! My name is Jack, I used to work with Marc and Co on Thorpe Park Mania about 10 years ago. I was prone to getting into arguments with the team on occasion and deleting the entire forum:rolleyes:. I also worked as a Senior Host in Guest Services for Chessington back when I was 16 and was sacked for carrying cash with me on site (Thank god this happened). 

So why am I back? Well I now live in the West Coast of the United States (Santa Barbara, California) and I've been thinking about some things to do in my spare time and have had an idea to visit a few Theme Parks across the country and revive an old hobby of mine! I'll be looking for some advice on.. well, pretty much all I can get in terms of where would be best to visit etc and it would all be much appreciated.

I know a few of the guys here will be remember me, so will be great to talk again and also speak to some of the newer people also.

Thanks,
Jack-

Be interesting to know if they still have this rule, it's understandable if you're working any of the fairground stalls or shops, but not back room staff, I seem to remember ASDA paid off someone in a similar situation because they didn't want the legalities of such a ruled tested in court.

On 11/16/2016 at 8:09 AM, Ian-S said:

Be interesting to know if they still have this rule, it's understandable if you're working any of the fairground stalls or shops, but not back room staff, I seem to remember ASDA paid off someone in a similar situation because they didn't want the legalities of such a ruled tested in court.

Yeah it was quite a shame, I was looking after Guest Services for the entire park on certain days which was great. It was the best job I had for sure. I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't work there and I wouldn't be where I am if they didn't sack me either! 

Hi I'm Dean, I've been following these forums for as long as I can remember, but for some reason I never made an account! So I made one lol.

I'm living in Brighton at the moment, so Brighton Pier is my closest 'park'... but... yeah, it's not really worth talking about! xD

I'm always up for a chat (unless I'm not available, or dead), so.. yeah :D 

Thanks guys! I've been really into rides/coasters/parks ever since I can remember! 

And... well Brighton Pier needs a bit of work in my opinion lol - the best ride is Horatio's Bar! ;) haha! Especially this time of year when it's cold, wet and windy, with Booster taken down and all the rides needing a certain amount of riders to run - no point going really! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Dean_W said:

And... well Brighton Pier needs a bit of work in my opinion lol - the best ride is Horatio's Bar! ;) haha! Especially this time of year when it's cold, wet and windy, with Booster taken down and all the rides needing a certain amount of riders to run - no point going really! :rolleyes:

You forgot about there godly Pinfari- Turbo! :lol:

Been here since '09 but never actually introduced myself:lol:

I'm Sam! Formerly known as thorpeparkmad11 (I was young, okay:rolleyes:).

19, Student, studying Aerospace Engineering at Herts Uni!

Long time enthusiast, mainly of Thorpe- if you haven't seen me about much it's because I mainly read most and never get

to replying!

More active when I first made the account- not so much the last few years as life seemed to have got in the way of theme parks but the last year or so I've been getting much more back into it! Can't forget the things which give you a bit of joy in life so... (Think that's enough cringe for here though)

Usually post only when I feel the need to- but am hoping to change that a bit though and be more active/involved so be nice to me:)