Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

hi everyone I've just joined. and I've been keeping up with all your posts!I was their on saturday and queued for almost 2 hours and was probably about another 10 mins from getting inside the building! So annoyed with thorpe park on how most of the rides were closed. Anybody know what happened on saturday or was it just a case of bad luck!

Right I know this will never happen but if Thorpe wanted thay could make saw a bit taller (lift hill and drop) adding more speed because I was at Thorpe and the weekend at by the looks of it the car slows down a lot it almost stops at the top of the loop just before it twists.

It probally looks slow, I thought Colossus looked slow but when I first rode it, it was actually quite fast.

ok well I'm thinking of going after school on friday and I will get there about 3:30 do you think that I could get in and will it be worth it because it the only time I can go till may.oh I have an AP as well

Yeah if you have an AP and want to go then go for it. Can see no reason why you couldn't get in.And dj olly c I'm afraid that wouldn't be happening. Seemed to go fast enough through that immelma o me, anyway slowing down may be part of the experience.

• 2 months later...

Massive bump!I had a thought this morning, that maybe Saw could of had another inside bit at the end? Maybe with Jigsaw saying, "You have survived... but the game isn't finished! *evil laugh*" and then a drop, helix or another inversion.Whaddya think?

That sound like an excelent idea actually, but it would probally cost around 1-2m more so...

It was a stupid reply for a stupid idea. It would and could never happen.

That's no excuse for trying to make him look like an idiot. It was better to just not say anything. How is this going to help new members join, knowing that if they point out an idea, it could get a reply like yours because you think it's 'stupid'?

Or you could look at it in this way - if no-one says it's a stupid idea then people will keep making stupid suggestions. Anyway, enough of this - I can't be bothered to argue with you any more, it seems like you're being deliberately awkward.

If no one makes any suggestions no one would ever have anything to talk about anyway. It's a forum. You discuss things, you throw around ideas and people build on them and you get along talking about a common intrest.Obviously he didn't think it was a bad idea, and rossafc doesn't either. Neither does TimR. Jonny didn't like the idea, but he replied in a better way, without actually trying to insult him in the process. It's an opinion. Don't shout at people for having one. You were a new member once. How would you like it if you joined and put in an idea, and someone came along and made you look like a fool. If you continue like this you're going to put off new people joining the forum and TPM will get nowhere, because it's full of people who just shout at people for making suggestions and speaking about their ideas. I'm not being awkward, I'm trying to stop the forum appearing as one where no one is allowed to voice their opinions and ideas, because it seems that's what you want at the moment.

Just to clarify - and this really is the last thing I'm saying about it because firstly we're going way off topic by arguing, and secondly life's too short for petty bickering - I wasn't saying it was stupid because I think it would be a bad addition to the ride; opinion had nothing to do with it. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in the way I went about it, but it is a totally unrealistic idea. The only time I've heard of a rollercoaster having its track modified was Son of Beast in America having its loop removed but that was because of an accident. Additionally, remember we're talking about Thorpe here. Making such a drastic change as another inversion would take up a lot of space (which Thorpe just don't have), cost a lot of money (which Thorpe probably aren't willing to spend at the moment after just having spent £13.5m on Saw anyway), and would mean that the ride would have to be closed for a long time for building, testing, etc which would mean a lot of lost customers. Even if they made said modifications when the park was closed, remember that Saw already takes up pretty much all the space on its island. Lastly, when Liam said 'at the end', he really didn't make it clear exactly where the proposed inversion/helix/drop would go. I assumed it would have to go after the dive loop, but even if it wasn't to go there, there still really isn't any space for anything major like an inversion to go. Real life isn't like RCT - you can't just modify a coaster and have it running again within two minutes. And that's why I dismissed the idea, nothing to do with opinion at all. It just could not happen.

It was a stupid reply for a stupid idea. It would and could never happen.

Sorry about this but I thought I should have my say.Actually it could happen, I'm pretty sure he was saying that mabye before the construction started they could decide to put that in, I thought it was a good idea, but like Jonny said, the pre-lift section is kind of doing the same thing if you know what I mean, but you are right, lots of people complain that the ride is too short, so I think its not a bad idea, I don't think Liam was talking about modifing the coaster now it has been built.Normally I wouldn't come out like that but that reply was harsh and made him look a bit stupid and like TPDan said its a forum, to discuss what you think about the park, its only a point, no need to post something mean in reply its only an idea and Liam is right that is a racist picture and not funny at all.Rant over. :)