Is Hyperia your top UK coaster?

Matt N

Is Hyperia your top UK coaster?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hyperia your top UK coaster?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided/Haven’t ridden yet

Hi guys. In recent days, Hyperia, the UK’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, has opened at Thorpe Park. It’s only been open for a few days thus far, but a lot of people who’ve ridden it (although admittedly not everybody) are already declaring it their top UK coaster. With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; is Hyperia your top UK coaster, if you’ve ridden? Has it finally knocked Nemesis off its top spot? Or if Nemesis wasn’t your top UK coaster before, has Hyperia usurped whatever you previously had on top? Or did it not quite reach the mark for you?

I haven’t personally ridden Hyperia yet, so I’m voting undecided at the moment, but I’m interested to see the consensus!

Two trains of thought here.

Hyperia is the best UK rollercoaster if you think purely from the rollercoaster itself. Could it be better, yes, but actually it offers something completely unique to anything else the UK currently offers. 

Nemesis: Reborn remains my favourite UK rollercoaster because it offers an overall better experience from a theme and layout perspective. You could build Hyperia anywhere, but Nemesis Reborn, is truly unique. 

I can see why a lot of people rate it so highly - it is in my top 3 UK coasters.  However I have only ridden it once on opening day so it’s hard to gauge - I feel like I need a decent amount of rides on it and front and back etc to come to that conclusion. 
I was very much wowed by it and look forward to (hopefully) another ride in a couple of weeks (if it’s working!)