Your Hobbies

Mac

Me too, me too, me too, me too ahh same its good aint it.You can take photogrophy for gcses? lucky. We can do dt grapics and media and stuff but not photography itself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shame I love photography my favorite lesson I took some flims at thorpe. 1 of normal day ad on at frightnight they are on the wall in our classroom.another one of my hobbies which I completly forgot was lishting and ound. I am in charge of technical at my school. (1500 + people attend) and its amazing I strobed my freind in the dark at a rate of 12 flashes pr second! funny times I also work at a theatre doin technical

another one of my hobbies which I completly forgot was lishting and ound. I am in charge of technical at my school. (1500 + people attend) and its amazing I strobed my freind in the dark at a rate of 12 flashes pr second! funny times I also work at a theatre doin technical

That is something that I'd love to do. I love the different moods/ ambience that lighting and sound can produce. How did you get into that out of intrest; I'd love to start researching and stuff.

That is something that I'd love to do. I love the different moods/ ambience that lighting and sound can produce.  How did you get into that out of intrest; I'd love to start researching and stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well I got into it when I done street dancing when I was around I would say 10. I went to different equipment shops and my facination for lights grew. I now have sequencers, strobes, even scanners ( lights with moving mirrors) with gobos (metal or glass disc with patter cut out). I then went and done a course on technical theatre at the end of 2005. I also done a large amount of research and know alot about lights, effects and the different operationg systems e.g dmx, manual. I have done all but 1 major production at my school and have been working at a Theatre for over a year. I am acurrently seeking apprenticship from bbc, itv, channel 4 e.c.t. If you want to get involved I suggest you visit your local theatre and ask if there is any technical workshops / courses. however this may cost up to ?100 in some cases. if they offer this to you. ask if you could do volentry work experince that also is a great way to learn. I hope this helped and I also appologise about this essay I have writen on a simple question.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm this is something that's hit me recently - I don't seem to have any other hobbies other than theme parks :DI used to when I was younger - I used to go out on my bike, my trampoline, join clubs at school, did karate for a few years, miss it quite a bit but I wouldn't have the time now, with work and everything, to go back.Anyway they all faded out as I got older, and my trampoline was soooold!!! And yeah more work at school and college and everything, they gradually faded away.I mean I go out with work friends for nights out and stuff, and when I'm not at home being a bum I'm with my boyfriend :rolleyes: but I mean during the day I have nothing to do...cos surely spending hours online, msn, and watching TV can't really count...I dunno it depends what people call a hobby. Some people put them on their CVs, and in that case then the things I do wouldn't look good! :PPlus as my job is seasonal and everyone I made friends with are up near Staines, it's not easy to have nights out with them at the moment. As for friends where I live, well firstly I left college early (in January) cos I was so depressed there, so less time spent with my friends there compared to the others who finished in May/June, and no proper goodbye. I didn't really connect with any of the girls in my Performing Arts group, my other subject was English, same thing with the people in that group. I don't make friends easily...well I do, it's just only certain people that I can easily get on with, and no one in those lessons were my type of people! I did have friends there, two of which were my best friends from school. They fell out. So one of them I haven't seen or spoken to since, the other one, who I really got on with, has moved up to Manchester with his partner, which was strange - as in, there's like a different side to him now, well it seems like it when we chat (haven't seen him since college either sadly). Not saying it's a bad thing, but I've known him for years, and now he's moving on and stuff, so have I in a lot of ways, and it's just a bit crazy! I suppose I could have put more effort into meeting up with him, rather than thinkinh "oh I'm working" or "I'm supposed to be doing something with Rob that weekend"...cos I didn't have many chances to see him cos he was up north and I was busy working...though one time I did have awful tonsillitis :(So yeah, I'm stuck really. Bit of a bizarre situation! It's my 19th birthday in two weeks, don't know what I'm gonna do :(The only other thing I'm really passionate about is animals, and the only hobby related to animals that I know of around here is "cat-cuddling" at the Cats Protection League centre in Chelwood Gate, which isn't exactly down the road from me. It's voluntary work, and you literally just go and cuddle the cats that are there, so they don't feel lonely and get used to new people! If I had more money and a car it would have been easy to do...but that is not the case. *sigh*