SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Whenever I see people going under the headchopper, it is easy to see heads bang around.Personally, I don't find it that bad. My first ride was quite a shock and a little bit painful, but now I expect it, so it isn't that bad. My head would usually only bang to the left and that is it. However, I do see how some people, perpared or not, could have much worse experiences. I take that this head-banging is due to the actual drop as opposed to any thing else. The 100 degree drop and the way it comes out of it are probably the reasons to it?

Possibly although I don't remember having that kind of problem on Rage. On Saw it makes me cringe seeing peoples heads flying about on that drop.

I went on the AP preview day and when I sat at the front it was extremley bumpy but now it feels so smooth and brilliant.though going on it 3 times neally everytime I go to thorpe does make it boring

Is it better at the front or the back??First time and only time I have ridden it was from the back and it felt really smooth even on the drop!

the front is the best-you can see everything and you get the air in your face which makes it feel faster.the best part is not the 100 degree drop but the

very first drop inside

Is there spikes in there? I couldnt quite see and my mate said that when he opened his eyes he just saw some spikes and he closed his eyes again :(

just before the inside drop there are the swinging blades-you drop below them and pull up just before the floor off spikes-the detail is brilliant

So there is spikes! Woo shall have to sit at the front and see them properly this time :( Thanks for the info on them, Can I make sure I havent missed out on them by saying what I have seen on there??Ive seen

The swinging pendulum blades, (looking out for the spikes), The crossbows and then the dead guy (jigsaw) on the floor?

Is that all of them?

This may just be me but..Is anyone else really finding Saw a pain to ride?I've been on many many rollercoasters in Europe, and Saw is the first one I've been on that I actually dread re-riding. The indoor bit I'm fine with but as soon as that car hits the bottom of the main drop, my head gets knocked left, right and centre no matter what row I'm in. I find so many parts of the ride really painful and un-enjoyable. I've always taken the mick out of Marc in regards to Colossus's headbanging but in my opinion Saw is far more notorious then Colossus. Does anyone find this or is just me?

As far as I know its just you!! I have been on it 53 times now and that hasnt happened once!!

So there is spikes! Woo shall have to sit at the front and see them properly this time :( Thanks for the info on them, Can I make sure I havent missed out on them by saying what I have seen on there??Ive seen

The swinging pendulum blades, (looking out for the spikes), The crossbows and then the dead guy (jigsaw) on the floor?

Is that all of them?

yeh basically but the

body could squirt more water just to make it better

I went on this yesteday twice. It was my first time and I really liked it.Stupidly, I queued for almost 4 hours to ride it yesterday then from 7 as the park closed, so didn't leave Thorpe till 9, which was actually pretty cool as I rode SAW in the dark, which made the ride more exciting.I loved the inside building and the indoor section of the ride. The first time round, the blades weren't swinging which looked a bit silly, the second time, they were and it looked really effective, especially as you drop down just before it looks like you're gonna ride into them.The part with the crossbows/syringes was quite effective as well, managed to blow everyones hair in different directions which was quite funny.Unfortunately, I didn't get to ride the front which was annoying cos I wanted to but I was able to stop and listen to Jigsaw on the bike both times.I found the ride to be quite bumpy, not entirely smooth but really fast and exciting. It wasn't as scary or as thrilling as I thought it would be but generally, I think Thorpe have done really well with this and a 4 hour queue for the best part of the day proves how popular this is going to be.