The Best Ride In Florida?

LiamAusten

It's a difficult one to answer.For me, the best overall ride experience, from queue line, to ride, was Expedition Everest. That had to be the most immersive environments on any ride I've been on. You're there in the story and it's just fantastic.Manta was also a fave of mine. Probably the best coaster I went on out there.There are so many attractions that appeal to different people. Tower of Terror is another one of those rides where you're just immersed completely.In terms of water rides, my favourite was out of Splash Mountain and Bilge Rat Barges. The latter being amazing if you just wanna get drenched.

Ah, I forgot about Disney :PExpedition Everest is incredible as an attraction, everything is unbelieveably realistic.Tower of Terror is, like you say Sheepie, similar :)Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios was another favourite of mine, and I'm sure Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit would've been as well had it been built then.

• 4 months later...

I love the Orlando parks. Havn't been there since 2005 and I really miss it.My favourite rides would probably be Soarin', Tower Of Terror, Rock n' Rollercoaster, The Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Journey To Atlantis, The Incredable Hulk, Kraken, The Revenge Of The Mummy.... etc etc etc.It's impossible for me to choose my top ten favourite rides in Florida, let alone my number one favourite lol.

• 2 months later...

Not only is Spiderman the greatest ride in Orlando, it's arguably the greatest ride in the world. Lest not forget The Revenge Of the Mummy and The Tower of Terror. I'm sure Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey will outshine Spiderman's glory as the world's greatest. Not bad for Islands of Adventure!

For me best coaster is a tie between EE and Manta. Kraken was also pretty damn fun, but Hulk for me isn't really in the race. The first half is quite good - the launch, Zero-G, cobra roll and loop are a great start - but after the MCBR it just fizzles out which is a shame.Water ride has to be Splash Mountain I think. It just has a bit of everything really! Kali River Rapids close second.Flat / Thrill is Tower of Terror absolutely without contest. Can't be beaten.Dark ride has to go to Spiderman currently, although I'm expecting Forbidden Journey to overtake it as of July. Current second is Dinosaur.Oh, and...

Ah, I forgot about Disney

GET OUT! :):P

See, I absolutely loved Hulk, that and Kumba were tied as my favourites. And actually, I was really disappointed with EE.Water rides, I personally put Splash Mountain, Dudley Do-right's Ripsaw Falls, Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and Jurrasic Park: River Adventure all tied as my favourites.

How did you get the pass for all the parks? :)

Unfortunately, with lots of money! :PYeah Hulk is far from my faveourite ride in Orlando too. Dark rides over there are incredible, I think I could just keep going round them.Kumba, Montu and Manta are all fabulous coasters though.

From what I can remember, for all the parks you need two separate tickets. One is a Disney ticket which comes in different varieties such as 7/14 day and park hopper options. This includes the four main parks and the two water parks.Then you can also get a Orlando flexticket which covers Universal Studios, IOA, Busch Gardens, Seaworld and Aquatica.On the ride front, I'm with Adam on the Hulk. The first part is one of my favourite coaster starts. The feeling as you shoot through the zero G roll and then rise up and round a massive cobra loop is fantastic. However after this it seems to just "go through the motions", sadly.My favourite ride goes to Montu or Manta. I love the intensity and speed of Montu, it retains great pace and speed, even after the MCBR. Manta is just beautiful and thrilling, absolutely outstanding.For water rides I think it's a battle between Dudley Do Right and Splash Moutnain. I can't really decide as they are quite different. Splash is so adorable and seems to tell more of a story. DDRF seems to be more focused around the drop with less of a story, both great fun though! You get FAR wetter on Dudley though!

There are a lot of options really, with hopper and double passes etc, I can't actually remember the one I had when I was in the states.And I must say I didn't experience this at all with Hulk, yes the second half is not as good as the first, but it certainly isn't bad. Was it because you found the MCBR trimmed or... ? As that is something that could have changed since my trip.

It just seemed to go very slowly, also it was filled with generic bends and some corkscrews. I've just watched a POV to fully remind myself of what exactly happened but this doesn't really do it justice. It looks perfectly fine there, it just seemed to be seriously lacking in any speed changes or forces.

I loved RoTM!

The fire was epic on that ride! Whilst the coaster section wasn't very long, I really loved it. I found it to be very smooth which added to the fun a lot! I agree with the fake station, I knew something was up after looking around but I didn't expect the mummy to jump out!