Angry Birds Land UK

Confuzzled

Posted Image

Angry Birds Land has officially arrived in the UK - Sundown Adventureland opened it yesterday!

Yesterday sees the first Angry Birds activity park hit the UK.

Sundown Adventureland, located in Nottinghamshire have placed an order with the Lappset Group, a large manufacturer of playground equipment for the UK’s first Angry Birds activity area, due to open to the public this weekend.

The £250.000 investment for the park, who exclusively look of attractions for under 10′s, reviled the world will include several large play units, a mixture of themed swings and roundabouts and a giant dummy catapult to replicate the Angry Birds world.

Paul Tomlinson, Park Manager at Sundown Adventureland, said: “We were very keen to have an Angry Birds Activity Park at Sundown as the brand is so well known throughout the world. It’s currently one of the most downloaded games and appeals to all ages – something that was very important for us as although the park is designed for under 10s, we are keen to welcome families.

“Angry Birds characters are instantly recognisable and we can’t wait to see them brought to life in the themed play area. Rovio’s Angry Birds theme, coupled with Lappset, one of the world leaders in play equipment, is a powerful combination that fits all our needs.”

This may not be the end of the project, with the park also interested in creating Angry Birds themed rides to join the new Activity Area. Lappset teamed up with Rovio Entertainment Ltd, the creator of the popular Angry Birds game, to launch the parks in March but Sundown Adventureland will be home to the first in the UK.

I'm not sure how to respond to this lol. By the videos I saw in the internet (I did a little research) it is just a play park? That is not really what I would call a theme park although when they get the planned rollercoaster thats when I think it becomes a theme park.

Well surely a theme park, by definition, is a park with a theme? Take Blackpool Pleasure Beach - tonnes of coasters but no themes, hence it's an amusement park. Angry Birds land has a theme so there's nothing wrong with calling it a theme park.

Ok so who else here secretly wants to go? :ph34r:

I'm surprised in a way that these areas are always aimed at under 10s. Angry Birds is a HUGE hit with everyone of all ages; I do think there's an opportunity to really extend these lands into family areas for all, even if it ends up as a 'guilty pleasure' in a way of older kids / adults.