The Thorpe Bus

jjh123horry

Question

Hiya Guys and Gals,

I gonna be coming up to Thorpe for opening day, but its my first time using the thorpe bus service, so Ive got a couple of questions.

1) How much does it cost for a return fair?

2) Can someone explain the departures bit to me on this site, I'm only gonna be at the park for a couple of hours because Ill be going to London Dungeons later in the afternoon, so do the buses actually take people back from thorpe park to the station before 3:30pm?

http://www.thorpepark.com/downloads/plan-your-visit/bus-950-timetable.pdf

3) How long does the journey take roughly, so I get to the train station on time.

Thanks

jjh123horry

6 answers to this question

Hi,

As far as I can remember the thorpe bus costs £3.50 return- I am not sure if they take people back to the station before 3:30pm however the public bus can take you back to the station aswell(I think you can get the 51 but I'm not sure)

I have never timed the journey myself but according to the timetable the bus journey takes 15 minutes!

Hope this helps- don't rely on me though because I am not exactly sure!

As far as I've seen, the buses never take passengers before 3:30pm. Someone who used the service before may know.

If it is the case, you can get the 446 or the 51, but you'd have to go outside the car park, and you'd have to get off at Staines bus station (not sure about the 51 actually, but think you do..). The 446 runs every half hour, the 51 hourly, not too sure on the exact times though.

Thanks guys, been a real help. I think Ive got the day planned out now. I'm only gonna be at the park for 2 hours :/

So knowing this there are a couple of rides I wanna do because I'm nosey and wanna see if anything has changed and that would be X (X:/NWO), loggers leap and The Swarm or Saw.

Could anyone give a rough idea for queue times at all? I know itll be opening day an all, but it would be really useful with any information at all.

If there's a few of you going you could get a taxi, there is a taxi rank outside Staines station (opposite side to bus station) and at Thorpe. I think they charge £10 for a trip from the park to the station, so if there's 4 of you it's only £2.50 each.

Thanks guys, been a real help. I think Ive got the day planned out now. I'm only gonna be at the park for 2 hours :/

So knowing this there are a couple of rides I wanna do because I'm nosey and wanna see if anything has changed and that would be X (X:/NWO), loggers leap and The Swarm or Saw.

Could anyone give a rough idea for queue times at all? I know itll be opening day an all, but it would be really useful with any information at all.

Should be fairly empty probably, after all it is a Thursday and most people are at work/school! My guess is queues won't reach over 20 mins with swarm being 10/20 mins throughout the day! That's what queues were like when I visited on a school day once, everything was 0 mins with swarm at 10 mins!