Rush

Perks

What do I think could of been done? Well lets take a look at what has happened. A piece of metal has fallen off. Now that could be caused by numerous things. One such thing could be metal fatigue, in that case, that would be Thorpes engineering team not picking up on it. Or, it could be S&S's fault, for the ride having a design flaw, exerting to much pressure on one point. Someone is accountable, accidents don't happen, they're just a series of events. It's all very well the rides been taken apart, but if they still overlook something, then its pointless. And it's all very well S&S testing the ride, but if they overlook this problem, then again its pointless. While at first I believed it was just a freak accident, the more and more I think about it the more and serious this is.

What are S&S meant to do? They cant test every single part for 2 and a half years can they?

The Sun article is bullocks, and I'm not defending it in ANY way. However, what people don't seem to grasp is this could have easily killed someone. It doesn't make it anymore less serious that it *could* of. This thing had that potential to kill someone. Fact is it was INCHES away from someone on the ride, and then was smacked by the ride into a PATH, which someone could of EASILY been on. You can see in the video someone was just again, INCHES away.

It smacked into a fence in the ride area which took most of the energy out of the object, if it had hit somone on that path I expect they would of been fine but the fact is still that it hit no one.

Why does everything have to have a reason behind it? Why does the blame have to fall onto someone. May aswell blame the people who rode it that day for enjoying it and just happening to be the ones on it when it happens. It was enivitable and NO ONE is to blame.

What are S&S meant to do? They cant test every single part for 2 and a half years can they

It DOESN'T change the fact that it's their responsibility if it's a design flaw. Of-course they can test every component, this is what computer modeling was made for. I can't believe you can even argue that it wouldn't be their fault. I'm not even saying this is the cause, I'm saying it's a possibility.

It smacked into a fence in the ride area which took most of the energy out of the object, if it had hit somone on that path I expect they would of been fine but the fact is still that it hit no one.

Fact is, it still would of hit someone. Fact is, it the TOP of the fence, a few more CM's and it would of missed the fence. That's all it takes. This is why I can't believe how relaxed people are about this.

Why does everything have to have a reason behind it? Why does the blame have to fall onto someone. May aswell blame the people who rode it that day for enjoying it and just happening to be the ones on it when it happens. It was enivitable and NO ONE is to blame.

Because things in the world don't just happen, they have a reason for it. I'm in NO WAY saying if this was Thorpes engineering's fault they would of wanted it to happen. But what I am saying if they DID overlook it, then it would be. What is so hard to understand about that? Metal fatigue needs to be checked for on every component, and fact is, it's possibility this one component got over looked.If you wanna explain Holly, how no one is to blame, like I have explained how someone or something is, then feel free.

Because it wasnt a few more CM's, it didnt hit anyone, the situation was dealt with very well by rides staff and no one was hurt.Its not going to happen again either.

That's just ignorance. This is my whole damn point. It's about what could of happened. MY WHOLE POINT IS THIS COULD OF KILLED SOMEONE. What is so hard about that? And how do you know it won't happen again? I quote you 'this stuff happens all the time'.

Are you an engineer? Did you check Rush? How can you assume they over-looked it when you weren't there. They check the ride everyday if they though that piece had metal fatigue then they would not open Rush and would probaly get a re-placement part. You can't assume things when you weren't there. I'm saying that no one is too blame unless someone can PROVE that someone was at fault.

I nearly crashed in my car the other day, maybe I shouldnt drive again?

Ok so you're suggesting I said closed Rush down forever? Because where did I say that? I didn't say that, and that's what you're comparing to.If you wanna use that example though, in this case I would suggest "Get more driving lessons".

Are you an engineer? Did you check Rush? How can you assume they over-looked it when you weren't there. They check the ride everyday if they though that piece had metal fatigue then they would not open Rush and would probaly get a re-placement part. You can't assume things when you weren't there. I'm saying that no one is too blame unless someone can PROVE that someone was at fault.

No I'm not an engineer. No I did not check Rush. How can I assume? Cos this is a discussion forum, and I'v come up with several POSSIBLE scenarios, no where in any of them did I say they were fact. And what have I said on all of them? That's something that COULD have been overlooked whilst checking the rides. I'm not even saying it's Thorpes fault, it was just a POSSIBILITY. And why would I need to be there to assume things? I know what's happened. A ride component fell, which could of hit people. I don't see what more I need to know?

• It could have killed someone• The media therefore put it out to the public that way• The media stressed nobody was injured• This isn't an often occurance and you shouldn't be putt off rideing Rush in the future• There is nothing that the park could have done to avoid it, unless engineers are to check EVERY part of the ride in the morning (this is just not reasonable)• If anybody is to blame it would be the manufacturers / company which put the ride together or designed the ride• Rides staff done the correct thing and stopped the ride as soon as they noticed that something had fell• Whilst we can not assure that something like this will not happen again, it is not something which happens often at all, out of the thousands of times Rush has been started up. this has only happened once.

How can I assume? Cos this is a discussion forum, and I'v come up with several POSSIBLE scenarios. Where have I blamed anyone? I haven't. I'm saying someone, something, is accountable. If you wanna believe it just fell, because of pure chance, then ok, we'll wait and see if that's the case. However its my OPINION based on simple knowledge of engineering, that there is a REASON, that thing fell.

I agree entirely with holly....... if it was metal fatigue they wouldnt have opened the ride that day... not everything has a reason phill... hence why things are called accidentsand the point is NO ONE WAS KILLED OR HURT ! so stop saying IT COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE! its done! its passed! nothing happened to anybody.. end of. you cant back up a story on "what ifs" it doesnt work like that

I agree entirely with holly....... if it was metal fatigue they wouldnt have opened the ride that day...

So you know they checked the ride that day? For a fact? You know they checked the top of the ride that day? For fact? As Jac said it's not feasible for them to check everything everyday, but it would still be Thorpe accountable in the eyes of the law. This is my point. I'm not saying they wanted this to happen like you seem to keep suggesting. I'm saying that would technically be Thorpe's fault.And yes, my whole point is this *could* of hurt someone. That it serious. Where health and safety was jeopardized, that is serious.

Where have I blamed anyone? I haven't. I'm saying someone, something, is accountable.

I apologize for my poor wording. I'm not blaming anyone yet. I don't know what happened to cause it to fall yet. What am I am saying though, somewhere, someone or thing down the line is accountable.

So therefore we can't really blame anyone because we don't know why, if we did then we could point the finger at someone.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular yet.

So you know they checked the ride that day? For a fact? You know they checked the top of the ride that day? For fact? As Jac said it's not feasible for them to check everything everyday, but it would still be Thorpe accountable in the eyes of the law. This is my point. I'm not saying they wanted this to happen like you seem to keep suggesting. I'm saying that would technically be Thorpe's fault.And yes, my whole point is this *could* of hurt someone. That it serious. Where health and safety was jeopardized, that is serious.

Yes I know the ride was checked, engineering do these checks every morning from like 5:00am or somthing stupid, the checks engeneers carry out will be in guide to what s&s would recommend. Only then would the ride be green carded and handed over to Rides.

So you know they checked the ride that day? For a fact? You know they checked the top of the ride that day? For fact?

of course I dont.... but its a fact that they check the rides 4-5 hours before opening.. for a pretty long time I'm guessing.. and obviously they test them.. if nothing was showing any bad signs.. then there was nothing they could do was there?