Rush

Perks

Lets hope its not to long.

As the actress said to the bishop.Seriously though, the footrest had gone when I was there, although it does look suspect, I think a lot of people have heard about the problem it had, dunno if it'll affect queue times when it opens.

so the part that fell - was it mechanical ie nessessary for the ride to operate or something cosmetic?If it is the latter is it possible that they could open the ride on one swing once it has been investigated to find out why it fell and once any mods or precautions have been put in place?

By cosmetic I meant something such as a piece of metal trim or plate, part of a metal cover or anything like that, as opposed to a mechanical or sturctural part of the ride.Does anyone have any ideas or educated guesses as to what it was that fell (obv we know it was a piece of metal) LOL :D

I have found a rather perculiar discovery which may or not interest you.The following videos are of Swing A running solo. However notice that on the POV that the set of seats facing Zodiac reverses first. In the off-ride video the same set of seats move forward on the first swing. I have noticed that it is usually these set of seats that go forwards on the first swing at the moment.Do you think there is a reason for this change or did it just happen one day? Or does it just sometimes go one way and sometimes the other.Videos:

A bit of change from discussion from the usual 'when is it gonna open' posts recently.

I'm going to thorpe park on wednesday. None of us are getting our hopes up rush is gonna be open though, but tbh isn't it better they make sure it's properly ready to run before they open it, even if that does take longer, than to open it too quickly for the visitors and something else goes wrong & it has to be closed for good? I think so :P Loveeee that ride though ;)

I heard it's closed 'indefinitely'; but then if people saw it was being tested recently then thats a good sign :P if it opens on the day I go I will actually be so excited ;) but I doubt that very much, :P

All other rides should be available on the day your visiting. Didn't see too much work around Rush whilst I was walking past yesterday, noticed that the footrest which had been damaged has now been welded back to it's original shape and will most likely be painted again before re-opening. The ride was being tested by presentations staff operating recently which suggests it may open before the mad Rush of schools which will be going to the park soon. Doubtful for Wednesday though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but it wouldn't surprise me if this incident was anything to do with the closed season maintenance on the ride. It seems such a shame that the ride was having a very reliable season and then this happens to it. This is possibly the worst incident on a ride since Phantom Fantasia was destroyed in the fire, and since one of Zodiac's pod's came flying off.

Has anyone ever seen the two swings in perfect alignment as I know one of the swings is a bit more 'lazy' than the other. Really since it's opened it's either been on 1 swing or out of sync, perhaps it's just not possible to get perfect alignment for a lot of various reasons - (stupid examples, weather and one swing is used more than the other...)