Need reassurance!

rhiannanmoynan

Question

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how wide the seats are on most of the rides at Thorpe Park?

Not too worried about the ones such as Loggers Leap or Tidal Wave, but I'm more concerned about ones like Nemesis, Colossus etc.

The reason I ask is that.. How can I explain it.. I'm a larger lady, I have a small waist but bigger bottom half. Similar to Homer Simpson, only with a smaller waist and more hair on my head..

Thank you for any help!

X

7 answers to this question

All of the rollercaosters (minus X and Flying Fish) have test seats. Nemesis Inferno have modified seat on rows 4-5 to suite larger people. Generally Saw The Ride is accommodating, Colossus is not, Stealth I believe is accommodating also along with Swarm.

I agree with this, tbh I struggle to get into Colossus and I'm 5ft 10 and 70kg, it still feels tight, it is almost like it was created for an anorexic person, but apart from that all the others should be fine :P

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how wide the seats are on most of the rides at Thorpe Park?

Not too worried about the ones such as Loggers Leap or Tidal Wave, but I'm more concerned about ones like Nemesis, Colossus etc.

The reason I ask is that.. How can I explain it.. I'm a larger lady, I have a small waist but bigger bottom half. Similar to Homer Simpson, only with a smaller waist and more hair on my head..

Thank you for any help!

X

• Forget Colossus, it will be a long wait and the most embarrassing time of your life as they won't be able to get the restraints down, you will be crushed and everyone will be looking at you, then you have to get off. After holding up the entire train, everyone will be looking at you.
  • Nemesis, stick to the larger seats on rows 4 and 5.
  • Samurai, ask for row 5 and seat 2
  • Saw, Stealth, The Swarm, Flying fish, X, Slammer, Rush you should be fine
  • Vortex, if you are larger as in large boobs or tummy, then avoid (See Colossus above)

This is all from my own personal experience.

As said before, they have tester seats outside many of the rides - the water rides you will be fine on but just don't open your mouth when you splash down on Loggers Leap - that water is nasty!

As for Colossus - it is very pinchy and barely any room for movement in those trains - I love how it says to keep your arms and legs inside the train at all times - well, there is NO WAY anyones legs are going anywhere! Inferno have the larger seats as mentioned which have 2 seat belt thingymejiggies so you should be fine on pretty much everything - have a fab time :D