Funfair Rides

I actually visited one of these a few months back. Was billy davis waltzer, orbiter along with it's the roller, 2fast2furious Matterhorn and various other family attractions. Seeing as john davis has no personal events on at the moment I imagine his attractions would attend unless under maintenace. Will probably go either way as it's really good value for £7 of unlimited riding.

Don't think rock rage will go, visited a funpark back in 2012 which was there but I think it sticks to the main funfair events now although it seems to be touring much less than it used to be. The seats weren't even spinning though to save money which kinda sucked so would much rather head to Milton Keynes cheap night and ride it for £2 with a proper cycle :)

I actually visited one of these a few months back. Was billy davis waltzer, orbiter along with it's the roller, 2fast2furious Matterhorn and various other family attractions. Seeing as john davis has no personal events on at the moment I imagine his attractions would attend unless under maintenace. Will probably go either way as it's really good value for £7 of unlimited riding.

Don't think rock rage will go, visited a funpark back in 2012 which was there but I think it sticks to the main funfair events now although it seems to be touring much less than it used to be. The seats weren't even spinning though to save money which kinda sucked so would much rather head to Milton Keynes cheap night and ride it for £2 with a proper cycle :)

yes very true. Its also touring more down south now rather than its home in scotland! And wow £2?! When I went to milton keynes cheap night last year everything was £1.50!

Everything was £1.50 except for vertigo and rockrage which were priced at £2. The price in rock rage was unjustified but they always seem to do it despite the signs I hear but vertigo was advertised as not part of the £1.50 night on the sign. £2 for one set of flips and 3 revolutions over the top was a decent price though considering it is usually priced around £3.50.

No I just meant rock rage went three times 'all the way over the top' :P

I went on the last cheap night, was either the last Saturday or the Sunday. Something around the 9th November or along those lines. Was £2 at the start of cheap night when it was slightly emptier and rode it twice, however formed a nice long queue around and about the field(pull down had begun already and they had taken away the queue fencing!) in the evening so unsure of the price as didn't ride again.

One thing I did notice about it was that it kept breaking when it reached the top and had to restart the cycle. One time it was stuck at the top for about 20seconds before coming back down! The people didn't even get to again like usual when it breaks down which must have been bad for them!

Ahhh yes! I went on the very first cheap night and it was heaving! rock rage had a constant queue so did Vertigo! And it sometimes does that due to the computer getting confused sometimes if it thinks that a gondola is still unlocked it will stop it at the top for a few seconds to relock it even if it has not moved :)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Amersham Street Fair last night! The fair has been running since 1200 and runs for two days from 4pm-midnight each day. Whilst I did not stay till midnight, I stayed for a couple of hours in the evening to check out the fair and try a couple of rides! The fair was hosted by ivrin leisure and was slightly disappointed when I got there as the fair line up was different to what was said by irvin leisure. There turned out to be no waltzer, freak out and a couple of other smaller attractions which were on the ride line up. This was as George Irvin decided to take his freak out down to Thame Street Fair up in Oxford instead. However this didn't bother me as there were some nice suprises in the line up :)

When I arrived at the fair there was a very lively atmosphere and the first ride I saw was a very rare ride which I had never seen in real life before, Smith's calypso! This is a bit like a break dance but much more intense and forceful, I rode it later in the night when the fair had cleared up a bit and was much emptier. Before riding anything however, I walked down the fair having a look at what rides were on offer. So here's the line up:

Smith's calypso.

Smith's 'Spinball' Roundup.

Hackett's Ski Jump.

2x Dodgem Tracks.

Funhouse+Ghost Train.

R.B Leisure 'Tropical Trip Miami'

Groom's Twister.

Irvin's Superbounce.

Benson's 'Body Count' Superstar.

Danter's Superstar.

Danter's Oxygen.

Anyway, when I got there around 8pm the fair was very busy, I even counted 50people in the line for Danter's oxygen booster which didnt seem worth the wait. However, I did manage to get a ride on it when it cleared up later in the evening and had no queue watsoever around 10pm. Danters superstar was also very busy around 8pm and was going full every time with a nice atmosphere and mic work and music on the ride. Infact, every ride was doing decently around 8pm-9pm before the fair started to clear up and got much emptier, meaning you had to wait a long time for the ride to start before it began(especially on danters superstar).

The line up was very interesting and was nice to see two superstar models competing against each other, I had ridden Benson's body count in the past and was suprised at how much better danters superstar was altogether. Unfortunately for danters superstar, when the fair was emptier around 10pm, it became much less popular and body count was still going fairly busy every so often. Whilst both rides are amazing, danters superstar was a much better experience, had much better lighting and appearance and the atmosphere on the ride was amazing. Danters oxygen was great aswell, I preferred it to other KMG booster I had ridden as once the car had 'lost its bounce', it regained it again meaning that you rocked back and forth a lot more than other boosters. I don't think it is the best booster I have been on but it was still great and I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, enough of the blabbing here is my ride count for the night!

Danters Superstar x2, priced at £3 a ride.

Smith's Calypso x1, priced at £2.50 a ride.

Danters Oxygen x1, priced at £4 a ride.

I have a video of danters superstar when it was much quieter on in the evening, unfortunately there was no mic work later on in the evening as there were much less people in the grounds however the ride still had a good atmosphere. It is really a great ride and was being operated slightly differently to usual to what I've seen on other videos on youtube. It was my first ever time in the ride and was an amazing superstar, I can't wait to ride it again, one of the best funfair rides I've ever been on.

Anyway, overall the fair was great, wasn't too overpriced either and had a nice night time atmosphere. Hoping to be able to ride danters superstar some time in the near future aswell as it was really a great ride :)

Sorry for double post but was just browsing and realised how much Milton Keynes bonfire funfair used to be with 2xtreme, over the top, tango etc on top of the rides we have today. Would be nice to see Airmaxx going this year along with some of the old favourites.

Does anyone know anything about the ride line up this year, unsure if I will go but there are three £1.50 cheap nights I beleive so would be nice to get there and try a couple of rides/attractions.

Yeah was being operated decently at the beginning for the first 2 revolutions but then the spinning went really slow when the arm turned the other way. Quite a short ride time and not being operated to its full potential, nice to see jingles back on the ride though!

Danters superstar was being operated so much better though, really enjoy that model :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...