Funfair Rides

that's the sort of cycle I ususally see at the balloon fiesta... although to be fair didn't spend much time by the ride this year, besides the go I was on it which as I said was far too long!

on another note, shall be down plymouth this week for the british firework championships, and they always tend to have a decent fair... hope Tagada is there again, such a fun unique ride haha!

The fair in Plymouth is pretty decent then :)

Star flyer (don't know who's)

Freddy's revenge

Coneleys waltzers - which look awesome with all the lighting!

Stargate - a standup spinning disc which raises and rotated 360 around each way as well, felt sick looking at it aha!

Superbowl

Tagada - love this ride aha!

XLR8 - booster

Not sure of the name but a nicer looking version of extreme that was at balloon fiesta also with a better cycle by the looks of it as well (rode it a few years ago as well and remember it being great!)

I don't think my expertness can work it out this time unfortunately ;)

I was doing youtube research and the only ones I could find with blue lightning in the middle were danters and smiths but they were both 4 arms :o(as in 4 sets of carriages instead of 6). Are you sure it wasn't 4 arms haha.

Aha never been on that version but always looked decent on videos with a nice long cycle :o.

£3.50 is quite expensive however never seen an extreme over £3, ridden parishes and Benson's for £2.50 before and hebborns for £3. £3.50 is reaching onto the expensive side...

I will be visiting the london mela 2014 on the 31st August and it always has an OK funfair provided by bob wilson. He usually brings along a KMG booster(storm), Super Bowl, a Miami and a jump and smile as well as a ghost train, funhouse and Dodgems. In previous years he has also brought along parishes/danters extreme and stargate also attended the fair one year :o. I would love to ride danters extreme and stargate so am hoping they attend once again this year. I will be going down and should be doing some videos maybe even on rides so I will post them.

I know it's far away but I may know the line up sooner to the time and if anyone wants me to get photos or videos(offride or onride) of any specific rides or just the general atmosphere at the mela(the music, market, shows etc.) please just give me a heads up and I will be sure to bring my camera so let me know if you want any media of any sorts!

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the mela tomorrow. Funfair being provided by Bob Wilson. Will probably see the likes of KMG booster, Superbowl, Miami, Jump and smile etc. Hoping to see extreme there aswell. Going in the afternoon/evening so planning to take some videos of the rides and maybe the fireworks if I stay right to the end.

Waltzer's are always good in my opinion only if you like getting dizzy. :D

I usually go on waltzers but samurai was making me dizzy on Thursday after 2 goes in a row :o

I don't think there is a waltzer at the Mela today however the Super Bowl is kind of like a lifting one. I will probably be having a go on the Super Bowl and the Booster and the extreme if it is there. Not sure what other rides are there but I hope to do some videos maybe even onride! :D

I really do love the fact that at some theme parks today, a few fairground rides are taking some sort of twist! 'Black Revolver' at Drayton Manor for example. That's basically a waltzer enclosed inside a building, combined with fog, strobes and sound effects! Not forgetting 'Drunken Barrels' as well - a genuine teacups ride with a difference! I've never ridden a teacups ride in my life where the entire platform tilts up! :D

Mannings Waltzer today at the festival I'm at was an absolute beast. Love those things.

mannings are one of the top funfair familes in england. Their waltzer is one of the best. A lot of their rides including kiddes rides, pirate ship and many more smaller rides and also Showtime afterburner attend the winter wonderland in hyde park! :)

Just back from the mela. Great atmosphere, food and music; it was a great festival and the parade and fireworks were also throughougly enjoyable.

In terms of rides there was:

John Parish Extreme

Bishon Crazy Jumper

William Wilson Super Bowl/Miami/Dodgems/Storm Booster

Twister

Two funhouses.

Had two rides at night on extreme priced at £3 a go. The first go was longer than the second however it felt much faster than I'd ever experienced extreme before. Was a great ride and was using nice lighting and smoke effects aswell. Also had a go on the Super Bowl priced at £3, was the last ride of the night and got a very long cycle however didn't spin much which was disappointing.

Twister and Miami were also priced at £3. Crazy jumper was priced at £2.50 and the Storm Booster was priced at £4. Storm was giving long cycles which was good however didn to get a go as it closed early and they turned all the lights off(due to an earlier breakdown where it got stuck I beleive).

Had a nice night and the funfair was a bonus. The Indian food was delicious and the festival has a great atmosphere. There are also many zones containing live music and shows. At night there is a parade and fireworks which are great. Would really reccomend getting down to this festival if you can next year as it as free entry and everything is free to experience! Apart from food and rides of course!

Videos of Super Bowl and extreme coming soon. Also got photos of the general atmosphere if anyone wants them :P