Funfair Rides

What is your opinion on Ghost Trains? Personally I love them! My favourites are Hinzen's haunted mansion that is from holland but comes to winter wonderland and Horror Hotel at Brighton pier. I think a ride like the haunted mansion would be good to replace SAW alive cause it's a unique ghost train in the fact that it's suspended :)

Would be great if Thorpe got a decent dark ride - especially as they are now targeting families. Wicked witches haunt was really good and such a shame that it burnt down.

I haven't been on many ghost trains so am far from an expert but I really enjoyed the one at Adventure Island - probably because I had really low expectations of it, with it being a fun fair type place. But it really surprised me - also it had the longest queue that I saw in the park that day!

As it's my favourite ride I thought I might start a topic on it! Has anyone been on Rock Rage before? :) if you don't know what it is this is it :

:)

That's a mobile link so I'm not sure if it will work on many computers... Anyway, yes I have been on rock rage and if is superb ;)

That one should work... I know it's a diff vid but I'm just using your great vid instead of the one you loaded up ;)

Am I right in thinking that "Ski Jump" at Winter Wonderland was a similar thing? - Never got to ride it but it looked quite good, though I am a bit iffy at times with things that spin

Ski Jump was rock rage just with a different theme for winter wonderland- it should change back now that winter wonderland has ended.

I went on Rock Rage about 16 months ago and thought it was pretty average!

For what it was seemingly capable of, it seemed very lacklustre.

Where did you go on it? It sometimes depends on where you go on it as at funparks the cars aren't flipped very much and stick a lot. Also, if the ride is busy, the cars again sticks and you get a very short cycle. When I have been on it recently, I had a great cycle where my car flipped loads and I just really love the ride- especially when it goes all the way over :D

• 1 month later...

As per my profile one of these beauties is what really kick started my ride obsession. I love them and think it is a real shame the rides like these as fillers are so rare in theme parks. I know not everyone round these part would agree with me but not everything in a static park has to be unique or new or even heavily themed, just being fun is enough, and these certainly are.

Fantastic rides, I love them! The speed they reach towards the end of the cycle doesn't half have a kick to it, very unique experience & as Pluk said, it's a shame our parks don't have more unique thrill rides like this (they have good capacity too, 36), if one were to ever be themed I'm sure it'd complement X-Sector well with an industrial look. I'm quite happy with the ones on our fair circuit at the mo though, they're all brilliant. ^_^