Vampire

Another quick thing, well done to the Organist in the station, literally every time I went he was up about and moving, not as much as he used to, but I'll let him off being 20 years old next year. And I've never really thought about it until today, I'm sure there is a logical answer, but why do you HAVE to take your shoes on Vampire? Most of the time when Vampire shuts down its because they have to go and find someone's shoe thats dropped off... its not like your feet are actually touching the floor...

As people have said above - For evacuation reasons.Also, I don't think you will want to cut your foot open by a tree would you? :)This is why all footwear must be worn when riding the Vampire and not left on the exit platform.Ride operators usually stop you on the lift hill if you are caught without your shoes on your feet.

Vampire had really good availability too I thought this year... especially for Halloween (: - always good for an icon ride.

I totally agree Ryan!Compared to last years Halloween Hocus Pocus, Vampire has been doing very well indeed!Alot of work, that can obviously be noticed, has happened on the Vampire this season.Thank you to anyone who put work into Vampire this season and has kept its availability and work done in general to an amazing level! :)EDIT - Jake C.The onride photo light obviously is bright and gave extra lighting during the night rides.However, there were trailing lights in the tunnel as well.

isnt the flashing light the on ride photo flash?

Well yes, that is a flashing light but we were referring to the ones recently installed in the tunnel for the halloween event (the strobe lighting that flashes continuously)And Mark is right, that is true for every ride, especially fury :)

I've always been told to keep my shoes on, on Nemesis Inferno, but you are actually told to take your shoes off if they are loose on Nemesis.I assume this is because on Nemesis Inferno, if the train stops on the lift you have to go on the path/ gravel at the bottom, wheras on Nemesis it's a straight walk into the station.

Nemesis Inferno - Shoes must be worn. However, the only accepting is if you have any loose footwear that may fall during the ride.Vampire - ALL footwear must be worn to ride the Vampire.I have heard guests arguing that there shoes are loose.The responce from the Ride Host was...1. All footwear must be worn, so if they feel as if they are going to come off during the ride, put them in a cross shape.(And this definately works as I done this when I went in the summer with flip flops.) 2. If they fall, they are more that likely to come off on one of the lift hills, so we can go and get them for you.I definately agree with number one.Also, it does state before you enter the queue line that shoes MUST be worn.

On three trains sometimes you'd notice just to late that someone had taken their shoes off. The answer? Hide their shoes in one of the dark areas so when they get back into the station they'll be like "oh my god, someones nicked my shoes" and we would say "well we did tell you to keep your shoes on." That would get em (even though it is slightly mean). :)

On three trains sometimes you'd notice just to late that someone had taken their shoes off. The answer? Hide their shoes in one of the dark areas so when they get back into the station they'll be like "oh my god, someones nicked my shoes" and we would say "well we did tell you to keep your shoes on." That would get em (even though it is slightly mean). :)

I am going to remember that one if I become a ride host! :)You will have to give me more tips Mark if I do! :P1 train, 2 trains or 3 trains - Shoes MUST be worn people! :P

Thanks for clearing that up, I was always under the impression that you could take of your shoes on Inferno if you wished, I seem to remember when I went in July some of my mates took off their shoes and they weren't loose ones either. As already said I guess they don't enforce it so much.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...