Vampire

Lol :P.

All I can actually say is ride it!Vampire is my favourite rollercoaster and is the best. (imo).If you have not rode Vampire before...1. Why not?!2. I would reconmend you to ride at the front as it is a better ride even though a slightly longer queue.The queue is amazing outside as you can see all the track and the ride in motion!! :PAlso, when you are in the station, you will hopefully be gob smacked and hearing the best audio music in the whole park! (again, imo).Have a great ride and please either write a trip report or write back in the Vampire's topic on what you thought of your first ride on the Vampire! Have a GREAT time! :P

The only reason that I haven't ridden Vampire, is because I haven't been to Chessington in 6 years! I also haven't ridden Fury, Rattlesnake, or Rameses to name a few. I will write about what I thought about it whenever I get back. I was just watching a POV of Vampire on Youtube, and I didn't realize how lengthy the ride is! It looks amazing! :P

The only reason that I haven't ridden Vampire, is because I haven't been to Chessington in 6 years! I also haven't ridden Fury, Rattlesnake, or Rameses to name a few. I will write about what I thought about it whenever I get back. I was just watching a POV of Vampire on Youtube, and I didn't realize how lengthy the ride is! It looks amazing! :P

I am not just saying this as a Vampire nerd, but Vampire is better actually on the ride than the videos show! :PDragon's Fury - Amazing but not as good as Vampire imo.Rattlesnake - All I am going to say is that you are in for a bumpy ride! :PRameses Revenge - Very intense!VampireI would ride at the front first as you get more swing.I would then ride at the back as it is faster but you don't get as much swing.(I personally prefer the front but you may think otherwise).Enjoy your first ever ride on Vampire! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, Bad few days for Chessington, First the power cuts, then Dragon's Fury goes down...And now, " The Vampire is currently unavailable" To be honest though, Any time I've ever been there I've seen 1 breakdown and that was for Rameses Revenge. Reliability is still fantastic.

Well they better have the lift chain fixed and it working tomorrow because I'm going tomorrow.If thats the issue it ain't a major one. Should be fixed in hours. Oh wait. This is the UK, things don't work that fast.... not like CP's workers who got a cable change on TTD done over night!

Sometimes its not THAT easy. Sometimes its not as simple as just fixing it. It depends on how bad the damage was. If it was small, then yes there is a SMALL chance it COULD be back tomorrow, however owing to what I heard the damage was quite big, so then again it could be some days/weeks before it returns. Also, the park may not have a spare lift hill chain just floating around somewhere, there is the possibility they may have to send off for a new one, and then wait for it to be delivered and then fix it. So it could take a while.Vampire is an excellent ride for reliability and has been so good this year. The ride I know for a FACT has a fantastic engineering team who often work overnight to fix problems with the ride to make sure it is available for the next days operation.Although it will be bad for Chessington, being the summer holidays, its just one of those things that happens. However fingers crossed that Vampire will be back in operation soon !

Oh my gosh, Bad few days for Chessington, First the power cuts, then Dragon's Fury goes down...And now, " The Vampire is currently unavailable" To be honest though, Any time I've ever been there I've seen 1 breakdown and that was for Rameses Revenge. Reliability is still fantastic.

Reliabillity is great. I suppose it shows how much I've been to Chessington, only rides I've not seen down are the Beano Land ones. Hope vampire's back soon!. It's a great ride

Well they better have the lift chain fixed and it working tomorrow because I'm going tomorrow.If thats the issue it ain't a major one. Should be fixed in hours. Oh wait. This is the UK, things don't work that fast.... not like CP's workers who got a cable change on TTD done over night!

Yes because sourcing a large part which weighs in over 2 tonnes can be sourced, installed and tested overnight.Do you realise what you sound like?

Yes, A-kid was joking, Outfit. Smell the sarcasm. :PWhat's left of the summer holidays!Obviously this is bad for Vampire and the park, but then is this the first real major problem with the chain they've had since the 2002 transformation?

They had problems with Lift 1 and Lift 2 last season.Hense why Vampire was not that great on the reliability side.To anyone visiting today: Vampire remains unavailable.

It's not a big deal because it's not like where Thorpe Park, where the rides are Chessington's only asset. Chessington have many different rides and have different forms of entertainment like the Zoo, Sea Life, Ent Shows. And it's the 1st September and people are back at work and school / college starts in like a week for most people.Point is, it's not a big deal and in general, accidents happen all the time - Vampire is quite old but Chessington are taking care of their rides in the best way possible and their staff are more that capable.

It's not a big deal because it's not like where Thorpe Park, where the rides are Chessington's only asset. Chessington have many different rides and have different forms of entertainment like the Zoo, Sea Life, Ent Shows. And it's the 1st September and people are back at work and school / college starts in like a week for most people.Point is, it's not a big deal and in general, accidents happen all the time - Vampire is quite old but Chessington are taking care of their rides in the best way possible and their staff are more that capable.Btw, if you are going to be disrespectful to Outfit, you better take out life insurance.

It is a big deal if Vampire is down. (And I am not just saying that as I am a Vampire freak).Vampire and Dragon's Fury are the two top attractions at Chessington and quite alot of people go for either or both of these rides!Btw, You all make Sebastian (Outfit) seem like he would murder you!He is a really nice guy believe it or not! :P

Vampire is in a way the icon to Chessington like Stealth is to Thorpe Park, it's what Chessington is remembered by so I'd say it is a fairly big deal. Not catastrophic but I'd expect Chessington to make as much of an effort as they can to re-open it. Not that they don't anyway.

Your Joking. I left at 2.30pm (went to Thorpe) as it had scaffolding on it!!Vamps really seemed to affect the park. It was hell busy.

No. It really did re-open today, its called wealding it together again, and the enginneers did a FANTASTIC job at getting it back in operation so quickly! Well done Vamps engineering team!