Rodger The Dodgers Dodgems

Awful ride, it shouldn't be at a theme park and it's the type of ride that should only be seen at funfairs, if that... First of all there's the health & safety issue, I can't believe that dodgems are even aloud to operate when some many people get whiplash on them from bumping cars! I suppose that they're well themed but I get the feeling that something far better could replace them...Just my opinion...

First of all there's the health & safety issue, I can't believe that dodgems are even aloud to operate when some many people get whiplash on them from bumping cars! I suppose that they're well themed but I get the feeling that something far better could replace them...

The 2 main causes of whiplash on Dodgems are Seatbelts and Head on Collisions. This is why the Chessington Dodgems have Lapbars and no head on collisions so therefore whiplash is highly unlikely to happen.The only reason Dare Devil Drivers was removed becuase of health and safety reasons was because a young lad dislcated his shoulder on the ride due to the poor Platforming of one of the attendants and if I remember correctly they also had seatbelts on themDodgems is by far one of the best rides at the park and I really hope they keep them after Beano goes.

I always think when I go to a theme park if there is dodgems it is like a fun fair. But with RTD Dodgems it is different I think because of the excellent theming and is a great addition to the attractions at Chessington & Zoo!The only critisism I have with Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems is that the ride time is incredibly short!Also, the music is well themed and excellent aswell!

I Love the Dodgems! I also think they are very funfair-ish, but hey! But the ride is way too short but when your in the Que waiting it always seems like the rides are really long. The music and Theming is great! I always make sure I get at least one go on them and that makes me happy.

• 1 month later...
Everytime I stand in the queue line for this, I feel compelled to dance. It is a great ride, and I do find it interesting to see one of these at a Merlin park, making it rather unique. It's absolutely fun and it shouldn't be removed for another couple of years. The theming particularly is well done, and is the brightest thing left in Beanoland IMO.

I see alot of people moaning about the length of time on the ride. Just to clear this up the length of time depends on the length of the Q line if the Q was to be long then the ride time will go down to its minimum of 2 mins 30 but if there was no one in the Q line then the ride length will be increased upto maximum of 6 minutes depending on the operator in charge.This is done to keep the Q length short and make for happier guests. I mean I would be happier with a 10 minute Q with a 3 minute ride rather than say a 1 hour Q with a 5 minute ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...