Thorpe Park Bus

Thrillseek3r

Question

• Answers 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Anyone who cant afford £3 return should be shot

What a stupid thing to say. Maybe you don't mind paying £3 for the worst / most uncomfortable bus journey you could ever make but I don't consider £3 for that journey cheap. I can get from Watford to Brent Cross (a 70 minute bus journey) for £1 with my Oyster card. £3 is a very unreasonable price for that bus (which is like a 10 minute journey) and the fact it costs that means over 3 visits thats already £9 I've spent on just getting from the station to the park.

What a stupid thing to say. Maybe you don't mind paying £3 for the worst / most uncomfortable bus journey you could ever make but I don't consider £3 for that journey cheap. I can get from Watford to Brent Cross (a 70 minute bus journey) for £1 with my Oyster card. £3 is a very unreasonable price for that bus (which is like a 10 minute journey) and the fact it costs that means over 3 visits thats already £9 I've spent on just getting from the station to the park.

What actually is an oyster card? I have heard of them many times! They don't have them here in Gloucester. Are they those scan things?

Yeah its a card that you put credit onto then swipe it whenever you make a journey in London and it has a set fare for bus journeys which is £1, so no bus journey in London will ever cost more than £1 with an Oyster card. That means you could travel across the whole of London for £1, yet Thorpe / Sullivan Buses think that £3 is reasonable for a journey so short and unpleasant.I don't think Annual Pass holders should get it for free but DEFINATLY some sort of discounted rate.

Yeah its a card that you put credit onto then swipe it whenever you make a journey in London and it has a set fare for bus journeys which is £1, so no bus journey in London will ever cost more than £1 with an Oyster card. That means you could travel across the whole of London for £1, yet Thorpe / Sullivan Buses think that £3 is reasonable for a journey so short and unpleasant.I don't think Annual Pass holders should get it for free but DEFINATLY some sort of discounted rate.

My Oyster is my freedom :o heheWell I'd love for them do something about it, I mainly get a lift to the park. But tomorrow I have to bus it and not looking forward to it :S I'll set up a rally, and we'll march in thorpe park demanding free or discount for AP holders on the bus lol :D

The bus company isnt operated by Merlin so this would be impossible. I think AP holders get enough discount to be honest!

Theres no reason why they couldn't come to an agreement, Annual Pass holders get discounts with loads of things that aren't Merlin. You can never have too many discounts :o

You can never have too many discounts :D

:o I agree, well overall I think they should do something. I mean from my perspective as an AP holder, I go there loads. And paid for the AP, so would be nice if they let me get there for free lol. Talkin of AP's and benefits, what else is there apart from the discount on food etc nom nom nom :D

I would tell you what the other benefits are but the AP website seems to have broken :oOne thing is free car parking at Alton Towers, now if Alton are giving AP holders free parking then Thorpe should give AP holders discounted bus travel. Kthnx.

Not bad then :( When does it finish operating?

Erm... I'm not sure about that one actually lol, about 30 mins to an hour after the park closes. I'm guessing they keep running buses till everyones gone, so theres no need to worry about not getting on a bus. Its not the only bus though, there is another bus which pulls into thorpe park and takes you to staines.

£3 return :(

Went with a group of mates yesterday, and there were loads of taxis outside staines station. Charging £2 per person just to TP, and £2 back. So yes £4 in total, but only an extra pound from getting a return on the bus. :D 1. You get there quicker ;) 2. Just you and your mates in the car/mini bus :D 3. Not packed like sardines on the 950 bus lol :D

I will be visiting the park next friday and wondered if anyone could advise me on the best route from Portsmouth. Does anyone know the price of a return bus from Woking to the park? I am trying to decide whether it is best to get a direct train to Woking saving £6 (on train fare) or whether to go all the way to Staines and get a bus there. The woking journey is 1.5hrs but then I guess the bus will take 40-50mins. The journey to Staines is 2.5hrs.Cant wait to go again. Its been a good year or so since I went last. I'm bringing a TP virgin with me so there better not be too many rides out of action! B)