Fastrack At Chessington

In my own opinion, as mentioned above I think £4 for one ride is ridiculous. They should have kept it at £3, I'd actually be interested to see if people buy express shots more than they do express passes, and in fact how many people on average buy an express shot per day. It can't be many people I'm thinking. So yes the express passes are definately worth it on a busy day, as the park has thought carefully about the kind of rides that are popular. Wondering if Kobra may be included next year in the pass and it be raised to £8?

If Kobra does have a single express pass available for it, I hope it remains the same price as all other express passes. I'm really not a fan of the THORPE PARK system: All Rides £3; SAW: The Ride & Stealth £4. I don't see why new or 'popular' attractions should be more expensive. I presume that Stealth is £4 due to it's 'popularity'. Notice I use inverted commas around 'popularity' due to the fact that Colossus for one is far more popular than Stealth.

In my own opinion, as mentioned above I think £4 for one ride is ridiculous. They should have kept it at £3, I'd actually be interested to see if people buy express shots more than they do express passes, and in fact how many people on average buy an express shot per day. It can't be many people I'm thinking. So yes the express passes are definately worth it on a busy day, as the park has thought carefully about the kind of rides that are popular. Wondering if Kobra may be included next year in the pass and it be raised to £8?

I was standing, chatting to a member of staff in the EXP queue, and we counted at least 20 Express Shots used on Dragon's Fury in 5 minutes!

Thats Chessington £80 richer then!! Didn't know people would buy them at that price. I guess they'll be keeping them at that price for next year then. It's a shame really I think also that you can't use an express shot on things like Rattlesnake (basically the rides included in the ultimate express pass) I think that would make it more worthwhile for the price.

It's a shame really I think also that you can't use an express shot on things like Rattlesnake (basically the rides included in the ultimate express pass) I think that would make it more worthwhile for the price.

Because Rattlesnake has an even lower throughput then Dragons Fury. It would not be able to handle the extra amount of people using normal Express Pass on it. Also, it's height restriction tends to exclude a lot of people whereas the current 6 ride express pass option is family friendly.

• 3 months later...

Get more from your adventure with an Express Pass for some of our top rides including KOBRA, Dragons Fury and Vampire! Express Passes allow access onto the rides via designated express entry so you can make the most of your adventure and beat the queues. Express Passes are not timed, giving you the freedom to enjoy themwhenever you please! Express Pass - £8 per person for one ride on each of our top rides (see below).ULTIMATE Express Pass - £40 per person for UNLIMITED express access to all of our top rides, as well as Monkey Swinger, Tuk Tuk Turmoil, Runaway Train, Rattlesnake, Seastorm and Safari Skyway ALL DAY.

You will find that Runaway Train has now been removed from the Express Pass ticket and replaced with Kobra.However, Runaway Train is still available on the Ultimate Express Pass.The Express Pass has gone up from £7 last season to £8.Also, I can't see any sign of Annual Pass holders able to get 20% off their Ultimate Express Pass, so will be interesting to see if this happens or not.EDIT - It says for the Chessington Annual Pass this..."20% off Ultimate Express Passes at Chessington."Yet it isn't on the Merlin Annual Pass. - So I guess we just have to wait and see! :P Edited by themeparkmad

• 1 month later...

I heard now that you cannot get Kobra even with ultimate now?last week I asked and the chessie staff said we could be now on the website it says you cant,can you?this is as I'm going with my cousin 2moz and we are getting the ultimate as he lives quite away away.any ideas about this?

^ Is that going to be permanent or just for a few more weeks whilst the ride is still "new" ?

Honestly, I have no idea to be honest James.My personal thought would be that they will wait until it becomes less 'new' and then put Kobra back on the Pass.Because Kobra is not on the normal Express Pass at the moment - Express Passes have gone from £8 to £6.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow.2009/10:Express Pass - £7/£8One ride on the following...VampireDragon's FuryDragon FallsBubbleworksRunaway Train/Kobra (varied at points during the seasons)Tomb Blaster2011:CoasterVampire & Dragon's Fury £6AdventurerTomb Blaster, Bubbleworks, Dragon Falls & Runaway Train £8Young AdventurerTiny Truckers, Toadies, Seastorm & Jumbos £6SHOCKING.To get the 2009 Express Pass rides, you'll pay 100% more in 2011. Way to go!

It is closer to Alton and Thorpe's, but then the rides at Alton and Thorpe are much bigger scale etc. The equivalent at Alton is £6.00 for Charlie, RMT, Flume and Rapids. At CWOA, £6.00 will get you Toadies Truckers, Seastorm, Jumbos, Tiny Truckers. LOL. And equally, I am sure they intend to make more money here - it's nothing to do with charging more to sell less. Merlin will have asked them to increase sales as a priority target.