Fastrack At Chessington

The thing is - you think numbers will decrease but I doubt they will majorly. The amount of people that are prepared to buy Fastrack is unreal!Most Adventurers that I have spoken to before (yes - I do interact ;)) have all said that they are prepared to pay for Fastrack as they expect it to be busier than it actually is.Easy money really.Don't really see the point for the Young Adventurer Fastrack though...

It smacks of desperation the "Young Adventurers Fastrack" to me really... Surely a lot of rides on that have barely any throughput as it is!

Absolutely. I've said it a few times but just so everyones clear. Truckers throughput is 200, Toadies and Jumbos are 250 and Seastorm.. well I think thats about the only ride that could potentially run it and not suffer.

Well, RMT does hold more than Runaway Train (is RT 38? RMT is 46) - so it will have more riders. I believe it gets somewhere in the region of 900-1000. Either way, considering that's the lowest throughput of all rides on standard fastrack at Alton, says a lot when here we have rides with 200-300 per hour having a Fastrack option.

Theoretical capacities are never achieved to be honest. People go on about Oblivion at AT, which has a theoretical of 1,800 per hour. It never achieves that - although it's still the highest throughput coaster at AT (and probably in the UK?). If I glanced at Vampire, I would look at it and hazard a guess at 1,200 per hour? But I bet it's miles off that pace with the new trains.

Vampire we've got 1100 with the new trains, and that was difficult.Truckers is no way that they could get that - even with a billion hosts, how could you get all guests off and in and checked within 1min? Especially seeing as the ride cycle is longer than 3mins if you count one car moving to the last car stopping at the very end!

Well strictly speaking, the time between one train being dispatch to the next is much more, it's only because the train spends so much time faffing about, coming into the station (stop, start, stop, start.... stop) which means that ride staff have something silly like 27 seconds to unload guests, load guests and check restrains and then dispatch.Judging from on ride videos, the ride time is around 3 minutes (ish) from dispatch to then returning to the station, without any stoppages on lift 2. So I guess you're looking at just over a minute between trains.

This might be a n00by question but I've never read a proper answer for it and it sort of fits in with the discussion: Why do bars need to be 're-checked', usually almost every train on this ride and many others? It slows down dispatching massively, on Sunday I had my restraint on Vampire checked a total of five times before the train was sent and I don't really see the point. Is the operator just button happy all the time or is there an actual reason because it sometimes turns 45 second dispatches into 2 minute dispatches. This happens so frequently that it's easy to tell why it never meets all these theoretical throughputs.

Not really that though, not on vampire.It's mainly down to large guests. If all restraints aren't fully locked, the current connector cant come up (the clunk click noise). If the current connector aint up, then train wont be going anywhere.Sooo they ask to recheck, for people to push down on largies. Due to chessingtons stupid rules and procedures, they have to recheck all of the restraints (probably down to the choice of wording over PA).Operators can override the restraints, which they'd use as long as restraints were down and seatbelts fully in. Doubt they'll do that much/ever anymore, but it was an almost every train thing when I was there.

I would say that 264 is an achievable maximum throughput. Assuming the following:Riders per car maximum = 4Cars per ride cycle = 5Ride cycle duration = 4 minutes maximum (3 minutes ride, 1 minute loading)Potential maximum throughput would be somewhere around 300 people per hour.I don't know how achievable these are in real life, but they certainly seem possible with the right staffing so it doesn't sound like the manufacturer are at fault in any way. It may be that to hit that it needs an attendant or more co-operative guests :P etc.

It's achievable if you have no guests. But then your throughput would be zero.The problem with trucks is the Trucks themselves as because of the size of the seats, you can't force adults to share the top part of the truck and some parents actually seemed insulted when you even suggest that a kid shares the front cabin. There were occasions on Trucks when you get five groups of two, all in a row and there is simply no way of getting people to share such a confined space for 2 and a half minutes. Then, because of the ride system, the operator has to wait for every truck to stop before leaving the control cabin and its 50/50 on whether the first three trucks have got off and left the ride area by that time. There were occasions when kids refused to leave the seat, they'd slam the doors shut and so you have to try and tempt them out. There were often times when groups, despite being told to go to the red truck at the front, they'd seperate and take two and because you're still loading, you haven't noticed until its to late whats happened.An attendent would sometimes make it better, by pre batching and getting people off the trucks as soon as they'd stop in the loading bay but that would only help a tiny bit. An option that was taken was to send it round once. But the problem with that is the ride time is to short.Truckers positioning in the park really is its downfall. As soon as Carousel ends, everyone comes off that sees the fun little trucks and piles into the queueline. Theres no way trucks can cope with 75 people all at once and fastrack is just going to add a load more complications.

My head hurts... :P

If I glanced at Vampire, I would look at it and hazard a guess at 1,200 per hour? But I bet it's miles off that pace with the new trains.

The aim in the manual is 600 on 2 trains and 900 on 3 trains for Vampire.Usually we go easily over 600 on 2 but not always on 3 tbh. Usually because of bars having to be released etc for shoes. Although - saying that - the rules regarding footwear have changed on Vampire - so it should be quicker getting a higher throughput :P