The Best & Worst Things About THORPE PARK

thorpeparkjunkie

Question

GOOD POINTS: - The rides and themeing of course! The best in the UK IMO- The view from the entrance is breathtaking being able to see almost all the rides in there glory is amazing!- The staff are very friendly and make the day out even more enjoyable :P- The fact that the park is on an island it makes it very different and is more magical IMO than a park such as Alton Towers that is set in huge woodland. BAD POINTS: - The park can get VERY busy I think THORPE PARK should allow less numbers in on peak days.- Ride breakdowns are very common at the park however this improved ALOT in 2009! So hopefully 2010 will be even better!- Colossus REALLY needs a re-paint!Despite its bad points I love THORPE PARK I think its the best theme park in the UK and it annoys more when the guys over on towerstimes assume we are all chavs and don't have a clue about theme parks but each to there own :P How about you guys? :P:P:D

GOOD POINTS: - The rides and themeing of course! The best in the UK IMO- The view from the entrance is breathtaking being able to see almost all the rides in there glory is amazing!- The staff are very friendly and make the day out even more enjoyable :P- The fact that the park is on an island it makes it very different and is more magical IMO than a park such as Alton Towers that is set in huge woodland. BAD POINTS: - The park can get VERY busy I think THORPE PARK should allow less numbers in on peak days.- Ride breakdowns are very common at the park however this improved ALOT in 2009! So hopefully 2010 will be even better!- Colossus REALLY needs a re-paint!Despite its bad points I love THORPE PARK I think its the best theme park in the UK and it annoys more when the guys over on towerstimes assume we are all chavs and don't have a clue about theme parks but each to there own :P How about you guys? :P:P:D

I agree with all those points, except for the one I highlighted. I have to travel quite far to get to Thorpe Park, and I'd be pretty unhappy if they didnt let me in if it was full. Plus I'm sure that they let lots of people in, purely to rake the money in...

One thing I without doubt, passionately disgree with is that the theming is good... What is there is good/ mediocre, but apart from Saw, the front half of Nemesis Inferno and Tidal Wave, where is there ANY theming? And also that its the best park in the UK, and that it is even anywhere near as magical/ atmospheric as Alton Towers. :P But the rest I agree with really :P

I agree with all those points, except for the one I highlighted. I have to travel quite far to get to Thorpe Park, and I'd be pretty unhappy if they didnt let me in if it was full. Plus I'm sure that they let lots of people in, purely to rake the money in...

Good point! I just mean they could do something about the long queues but then again they have Fastrack so guess thats the only solution for the time being.

Good point! I just mean they could do something about the long queues but then again they have Fastrack so guess thats the only solution for the time being.

Fastrack usually increases the initial queue time. I say limit the amount of fastrack sold, and increase the prices of them.

One thing I without doubt, passionately disgree with is that the theming is good... What is there is good/ mediocre, but apart from Saw, the front half of Nemesis Inferno and Tidal Wave, where is there ANY theming? And also that its the best park in the UK, and that it is even anywhere near as magical/ atmospheric as Alton Towers. :P But the rest I agree with really :P

The park itself is well themed! Inside Port Atlantis, The Amity Cove Hotel, Thorpe Mega Store etc... they all fantastic theming. If you compare it to some of Alton Towers rides their theming is poor such as Air & Spinball Whizzer! I don't think Alton Towers is very magical anymore because they have milked it a bit by using different "legend" stories each time it kinda wears off quickly.

The park itself is well themed! Inside Port Atlantis, The Amity Cove Hotel, Thorpe Mega Store etc... they all fantastic theming. If you compare it to some of Alton Towers rides their theming is poor such as Air & Spinball Whizzer! I don't Alton Towers is very magical anymore because they have milked it a bit by using different "legend" stories each time it kinda wears off quickly.

Then look at the likes of Nemesis and Oblivion.

It's all down to a matter of opinion I suppose. I do have to agree with what is themed at Thorpe, it's themed quite well. Tidal Wave in particular is brilliant, although the ride was built when Tussauds were actually good, before they gave us the likes of Rita, Spinball, Slammer, Stealth. In terms of rides pretty much being plonked down with little to no landscaping.Saw has so much potential to be brilliantly themed, and to an extent it is, but I feel it's let down by some of the effects inside- plastic looking crossbows/ sirynges that blow air at you (when they even work). Even saying that, Saw is probably the best themed ride to come out of the ex Tussaud parks in 10 years.What I think does let the park down is the struggle to keep special effects and smaller details maintained. There are fantastic little gems all over the park that no longer work and I think that's the main reason why people tend to slag off the themeing.

The park itself is well themed! Inside Port Atlantis, The Amity Cove Hotel, Thorpe Mega Store etc... they all fantastic theming. If you compare it to some of Alton Towers rides their theming is poor such as Air & Spinball Whizzer! I don't think Alton Towers is very magical anymore because they have milked it a bit by using different "legend" stories each time it kinda wears off quickly

I think it says something when the best themed things that can be thought of is the entrance plaza and the shops... And if you think that's "fantastic" theming I do wonder what you think of places like Disney, Universal.I sound like such an Alton fanboy, I'm not, but anyone who believes "the park itself" to have "fantastic theming" and Alton to have poor theming is , in my opinion, utterly dillusional.Also, where has the "Legend" story been "milked"? By my calculations it has been used once... on one ride... And even so how could that take away the "magic" do you walk around the park going, " You know what I would really be having a better time right now if they hadn't used a unique legend to create an brilliant ride experience"Agh, I really don't do these kind of posts very often at all but it is so frustrating, for me anyway.

I think it says something when the best themed things that can be thought of is the entrance plaza and the shops... And if you think that's "fantastic" theming I do wonder what you think of places like Disney, Universal.I sound like such an Alton fanboy, I'm not, but anyone who believes "the park itself" to have "fantastic theming" and Alton to have poor theming is , in my opinion, utterly dillusional.Also, where has the "Legend" story been "milked"? By my calculations it has been used once... on one ride... And even so how could that take away the "magic" do you walk around the park going, " You know what I would really be having a better time right now if they hadn't used a unique legend to create an brilliant ride experience"Agh, I really don't do these kind of posts very often at all but it is so frustrating, for me anyway.

Can u avoid calling me things like utterly delusional in the future please. THORPE PARK has some fantastic theming and of course other parks have better theming but I'm talking about the UK and IMO Thorpes theming is better than Altons and thats MY opinion and I said that from the very beginning its MY opinion so of course other people feel different. As for the legend thing its been used on Nemesis and Hex and now possibly Thirteen. They have too many dark themed rides IMO.

Ok, my list is going to be the best and worst of Thorpe Park when busy, as if I'm talking about just the park without people, there's not a lot that I dislike really. Good things:- The atmosphere is electric when really busy. Love it. Bad things:- Queueline smokers. Hate it.

Good Points- Wide variety of rides from different manufacturers. - The best collection and variety of flats in the UK, probably one of the best in Europe.- Improving reliability.- Audio (when it works) is good overall.Bad Points- Poor theming.- Not the best atmosphere.- Audio hard to hear.- General look and feel of the park isn't great.- Ever increasingly ridiculous marketing promotions.

Thorpe in my opinion has some of the best flat rides in the country. it has some great coasters I.e stealth and saw, and the park music is great. However, the music is usually too quiet or the speakers have blown making the audio seem pointless, some rides seem to be there to fill space and the little kids area is humiliating for any small child!The kiddie area annoys me because its the only reason that I cant visit the park with family due to my younger siblings not being interested in the big thrills.And I have to agree with paul, I hate queueline smokers.

THORPE PARK has some fantastic theming and of course other parks have better theming but I'm talking about the UK and IMO Thorpes theming is better than Altons and thats MY opinion and I said that from the very beginning its MY opinion so of course other people feel different.

And in MY opinion, you like AMUSEMENT parks instead of THEME parks.Good points:It makes moneyBad points:The park is ****.

I have been visiting the park for around 10 years, and due to that the park holds a lot of fantastic memories for me. Especially Logger's Leap, Rumba Rapids, Flying Fish and Tidal Wave. Although the park is deteriorating in some respects, I still love it. I adore the music parkwide, the rides are fantastic, and although the theming isn't anything compared to Disney, it's still ok, and I have to say, the music tracks across the park do provide a lot of the theming (especially in Canada Creek). I always have loved the park, and always will. It holds some of my best memories.

I have been visiting the park for around 10 years, and due to that the park holds a lot of fantastic memories for me. Especially Logger's Leap, Rumba Rapids, Flying Fish and Tidal Wave. Although the park is deteriorating in some respects, I still love it. I adore the music parkwide, the rides are fantastic, and although the theming isn't anything compared to Disney, it's still ok, and I have to say, the music tracks across the park do provide a lot of the theming (especially in Canada Creek). I always have loved the park, and always will. It holds some of my best memories.

You say that now, but a lot of people have said "I always have loved (whatever) and always will..." and it never lasts 'forever'. Not saying you will hate it later, but it always makes me laugh when people say that. :P

that explains why your on a thorpe park fansite :P .

There's nothing wrong with a pessimistic and, at times, cynical view of the park. It is what makes any forum more interesting. Imagine how boring this forum would be if you didn't have people like people saying the park was **** and everyone saying the park was great. :P

You say that now, but a lot of people have said "I always have loved (whatever) and always will..." and it never lasts 'forever'. Not saying you will hate it later, but it always makes me laugh when people say that. :P

It doesn't even matter if the park gets infested completely with chavs, or the summer wasps take over, I will still love the park for what it is, even if that means it being empty.

It doesn't even matter if the park gets infested completely with chavs, or the summer wasps take over, I will still love the park for what it is, even if that means it being empty.

Again, that has made me laugh. No offence to you or anything, but as I said, I always laugh when someone says something like that. But hey, if that's how committed you are to the park, good on you! :P

I was joking guys, take notice of the :D maby a :P would have been better :P .

Probably would have been. Sorry bout the misunderstanding. :P

Likes - Rides and Attractions.The theming. (When in operation :P)People I meet up with there.Dislikes - Most staff are unfriendly and unenthusiastic. (In my opinion)Smoking in the queue line.The audio is usually bearly hearable.Problems with the audio links around the park.The general target group of THORPE PARK overall :P

BestFantastic view from outside the domeThere was Fantastic theming in Amity CoveLoggers Leap surviving all these years and remains virtually unchangedLoads of Ducks?WorstHow Amity Cove went from the best themed area in the country to a case of "lets add a ball game, lets add a water game, lets add a 200 foot rollercoaster, lets add a fish, lets throw in more games, lets throw in millions of food places, lets theme it to original source, lets get rid of original source but keep all the original source signs,lets let the theming in the area fall apart or worse, stop working and not fix it." Ten years ago when Amity Cove and Tidal Wave opened it was an immense, breathtaking, fantastic area. Now its just crap.