Hidden Chessington

Just a topic about hidden bits of Chessington that can't be seen to the naked eye, is anyone able to shed light on any sort of hidden pathways or interesting bits of Chessington?I've seen that Rodeo queue is still in working condition, all with the cow horns and also the control box, anyone else able to shed any light what it was used for after it closed up?

Peter likes this.The queue has been used for us geeks to be amazed at since 2005. Or something.What interests me is still following the old train tracks around the park, as well as what used to be behind vampires fire escapes.

Well the Skyway train that was in bits is now down at Rig Site, which was out back of Vamp station, what else was behind there?And didn't train tracks basically go round where the Service road is now, from Tomb Toilet past First Aid, behind Rameses Arcade, past Rodeo and then supposedly meant to go past Rattlesnake? If anyone could draw a diagram it would be most appreciated!

Posted ImageAnd a map from that time that'll likely help :oDidn't realise how big an area the railway covered, are there any remnants/ noticeable areas where you can recognise where it was today?Also, anyone care to tell me what "Hawling Hank" was, to the left of the Runaway Train.And no problem :o

I have got some on ride footage of the train lurking around somewhere. Tis on one of those mini tape things somewhere (shows it's age really :o). I'll ask my mum tomorrow if she knows where it is and if she can dig it out. If not, over the summer holidays, we may find it when we sort out all the hidden cupboards. :oEDIT: I think the Hawling Hank is a Picnic Area (according to the coding) and then maybe a children's play area? But I have no true idea.

So it looks like it (in real terms of today) Started outside Carousel, going towards Greedy Goblin through Seastorm extended queue, up through the middle of Market Square behind the old stage, up past Donut stand, next to the turret, straight across Mexicana and in past Mexican Cantina, up past Rodeo, past First Aid and Tomb Blaster Toilets, up service road past Dragon Falls, up and over the hill past Dragon Falls main gate, up to top of the Glade, down on the recently closed pathway between Wild Asia and Dragon Falls, through the toilets outside Fury, through Sea Dragons, then past Capers, up past Truckers, down to Carousel again!Bit of a long route, anyone know how long it took? You can only see the track between First Aid and Mexican Cantina in Mexicana but that's it, rest torn up I think. Hawling Hank looks like a sit down food area or Eatery?

Didn't realise how big an area the railway covered, are there any remnants/ noticeable areas where you can recognise where it was today?

Main obvious area is the pathway going into the Medical Centre where you can kinda still see the tracks...Of course the old train station got demolished in 2008...Not sure about the Mystic East area though cos I've never walked down the staff pathway there...

Sorry for moving on from the train for a second, just remember something from my last trip, the other day walking into the park there was the area that is hidden from view by the big black fence opposite the picnic area next to Dragons Fury, I saw some bits from old rides but didn't have time to have a good look. What bits of rides are kept there and what other areas at the park are ride bits and pieces kept? :o

The other day walking into the park there was the area that is hidden from view by the big black fence opposite the picnic area next to Dragons Fury, I saw some bits from old rides but didn't have time to have a good look. What bits of rides are kept there and what other areas at the park are ride bits and pieces kept? :o

That's the rig site, there is loads of stuff in transit to be dismantled and taken away.There is currently sitting there (from what I've seen as a guest);- A Skyway Train,- Old Beanoland figureheads,- Old Beanoland Splatupults,- Ice Age figurines,- Old Family Centre Tent,- Old Market Square StageAll the old park signage is sitting on the Service Road behind Tomb Blaster!Think that's it!

Just a topic about hidden bits of Chessington that can't be seen to the naked eye, is anyone able to shed light on any sort of hidden pathways or interesting bits of Chessington?I've seen that Rodeo queue is still in working condition, all with the cow horns and also the control box, anyone else able to shed any light what it was used for after it closed up?

For a brief time in 2005, Rodeos control box was used as the break rota room for rides area 2 before it was deemed an unsafe structure.

It really makes me feel old reading this! Those Chessington pics of the train, remind me of a young ride geek Fever, I remember it so well. The Mystic East track can still be easily seen; leaving from Kobra look right and you can clearly see a corridoor of trees running along the back, where the train used to run.Anyone remember the insane queueline walk along the top of the buildings for the runnaway train?I still kick myself at the lack of old photos I took from both Chessington and Thorpe, in these days.

Ah the old Runaway queue LOVED IT...James you basically went up some stairs (which are still there) where you now turn left behind the children's zoo, and walked along a balcony that spread over two buildings I think... Then you went back around and into the current queue...God I miss stuff like that...

Does anyone remember the old Forbidden/Terror Tomb queueline? When I was young I loved the whole "secret" sliding door leading from the queueline to the station! It was great queue management, does anyone know why they got rid of it? H&S at it again?

God, I remember that same door on the 5th Dimesion "mind the doors..."Looking back, as great as the 5th dimension was, when Terror Tomb opened I was amazed at what an utterly amazing job they did re-theming it.