Lift Hill Speeds

Lewis.

Question

17 answers to this question

I don't know if my memory was playing tricks on me but the Colossus chain lift seemed to go incredibly quicker than I thought it used to on my visit today

I don't know how fast it goes but it leaves the station slowly then once the whole train is on the lift it speeds up a bit.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Gerstlauer Eurofighters can only attach to the chain at specific points, because of the vertical lift :).

That is correct, SAW's lift hill is slightly different and has what is known as a dog that comes up behind the train and pulls it up. The car itself doesnt not attach to the chain like Colossus and Nemesis InfernoBTW if anyone is interested in the manufacturing of Gerstlauers look here, I was interested :unsure:http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/typhoon/fertigungeng.shtml

Speaking of lift hills.Does anyone know why nemesis Inferno and Colossus's chains are going continuously and then speed up when the train comes, but SAW's only starts when the train get's to it?

I now why its because Colossus and nemesis inferno are older so they dont have the stop start chain ability like saw the ride and also it depends onthe company that makes the ride and if thorpe origanaly wanted the chains to stop where gerserlator the company beind saw the ride has allways had a stopstart lift hill only on the euro fighter type

I now why its because Colossus and nemesis inferno are older so they dont have the stop start chain ability like saw the ride and also it depends onthe company that makes the ride and if thorpe origanaly wanted the chains to stop where gerserlator the company beind saw the ride has allways had a stopstart lift hill only on the euro fighter type

:unsure: You do make me laugh :)

I know Saw has different speeds on the lift hill depending on where the other car is on the track. One time I had a really slow lift hill and it really added to the suspense, I usually find saws lift hill is far too fast. Its much more fun and gruelling slow!

This is more to do with the temperature, I think as the ride warms up, the faster the lift will go till eventually its at full speed.

Yes, I think that is right about the temperature thing at full speed, however Gerstlauer eurofighters can be set to have different lift hill speeds depending on what point up the lift hill the car is. Typhoon at Bobbejaanland is a good example for the use of this. Inferno's lift hill is also fascinates me, it has a speed sensor so that the motor can speed up so that the train catches to it immediately; if it is going a little too fast (of which in never actually does) then the trim brake at the bottom of the lift will slow it down to a capable speed. :lol:

Inferno's lift hill is also fascinates me, it has a speed sensor so that the motor can speed up so that the train catches to it immediately; if it is going a little too fast (of which in never actually does) then the trim brake at the bottom of the lift will slow it down to a capable speed. :lol:

Yep that's a clever bit of kit! Although unfortunately this can sometimes be the cause of problems in the rain.