Thorpe Park In 3D - Google Earth

Thrillseek3r

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not until it's been open for a while. I'm not one to speak as I'm awful at this sort of stuff, but whoever is making The Swarm model will have to wait for it to be open to get the right sort of textures etc. Plus an update of Google Earth/Maps needs to be done, so the birds eye view of the park is up to date. That way the person knows where to place each track piece, support or scenery item. Same goes for Storm Surge, if somebody was to make a 3D rendering, it would be on top of Octopus Gardens which is no good! :)

Hey guys. Yeah well I was going to use the plans to texture the the ride and its theming, the problem is as Jack R mentions above, it makes it hard without the Google Earth Street view to get scales and positioning accurate. It is one of the reasons I have not tackled Storm Force. I have had to put the 3D modelling on hold for a little while, but I will be starting again next year. The Swarm will be on the top of the to do list I promise. I already have models nearly complete for the Loggers Leap area and that will be also looked at next year. I hope you guys like the models I have done so far, I do enjoy doing it as a hobby, so watch this space in early 2012.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update guys, The Swarm is under construction on Google Earth. Hopefully be ready for the 3D layer in a few weeks. It is a highly detailed model and it is going to take a while what with the Google earth file size restrictions and polygon restraints. It is looking mighty fine though!!

Guys, I need your help! I desperately need photos of the area theming for The Swarm. As there is no street view, all my textures for the theming has to come from photos. I have found some good ones from Thorpe Park Nerd, but that is about it. Any and all links/suggestions would be a help.

Thanks guys. Basically I need square face on pics of shops and building elevations. Ideally all 4 sides of all buildings, shops, theming, fencing and signs. I don't expect all 4 sides Stokseyboy, but whatever you can get would be great. I have had enough material to create the track and station, but in particular I need pics of the toilets, shops and fencing and the plane. Have a great day, I'm hoping to go next week!P.S. Thanks Sidders, I did stumble upon them actually. They have been really useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. The Swarm island is niw live on Google Earth. It is one of the most detailed models I have done, but of course there are polygon shortcuts that need to be done to allow the model to fall in line with google earth model rules, which are pretty strict! Also check out for the entrance buildings and canada creek, which is now complete.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Liam_T. Well there are a few elements I still need to add to The Swarm island and still plenty to do with the rest of the park. I am taking a bit of time out as I have moved to Singapore with a new job and am a little busy at the moment. But have no fear, I will resume the 3D modelling from mid summer onwards and of course will be checking into TPM on a regular basis.

• 2 weeks later...

well, yes and no. I am contracted for 3 years and will prob be out here for up to 5. But I will still be modelling for Thorpe Park's current and future rides, and I am going to look at modelling Alton Towers at some point in the future. I will resume modelling in a couple of months, so until then, I hope you all enjoy the current crop of models on there. :)