Will the UK ever produce another world class coaster?

mccoaster

^ Agreed. Oblivion, for me is the epitome of world class design. Even to aspects such as the queue, which is a constant spiral upwards to the ride's station. I love the way the ride plays with the emotions. As you say, the entire package is just perfect and is no wonder that it is still one of the most intimidating experiences in the theme park world.

Oblvion is a good, all round ride, but I can't call it world class, for one reason...As soon as you reach the end of the ride, and are waiting to go back in the station, hearing the Lord of Darkness say there is no escape, etc etc completely ruins everything - the build up from the area, the queue, the station, everything. A world class ride, for me, cannot end by ruining the story..

I dispute that.Oblivion is absolutely world class. It may be worn, it may look tired, but the entire way the ride was packaged is perfection - even more so, for me, than Nemesis (it's not a better ride, of course!).

100%, fully agreed. It's hard to understand these days what a revolution Oblivion actually was and the impact it made on the UK coaster industry is huge.