Storm Surge: Petition

thorpeparkjunkie

Question

Hi there everyone, I am planning to write a letter to Thorpe Park & Merlin in hope of Storm Surge's top frame to be themed. I think we can all agree it would improve the look of the ride & help it blend in with Amity Cove.After recent petitions on TowersTimes to remove the Fanta sponsership being so succesful I think it is worth a try. The frame currently looks very bare & sticks out like a sore thumb. Let's try and help the ride blend in better beccause I myself feel it lets the rest of the park down.http://www.fotowhizz.com/thorpe/stormsurge003/023.htmhttp://www.fotowhizz.com/thorpe/stormsurge003/015.htmPlease State your name and a comment including suggestions if you can.Many ThanksBen

The station makes it look better...The framework is up there really only because that the American parks like having staff on the top of water rides to ensure everyone is seated, so what's the blue cover up there for? Shade...Shade won't make this ride fit in any better... Actually being themed and located in a sensible way would...

I don't see why people's main issue with Storm Surge is an uncomely bit of framework at the top. There are far better things to criticise Storm Surge with. Namely it's location, the ride experience, the ride appearance and poor throughput figures resulting in large queues for what is essentially, a waste of time when the best thing for anyone with a penchant for water rides would be better advised to ride either Logger's Leap, Tidal Wave or Rumba Rapids.For me though, the worst thing about it is it's location. So no amount of canopy or extra themeing at the top is ever going to remedy the fact it's a complete waste of space; the park don't need four water rides when the first three were sufficient.