Disney or Universal

Jimmy

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Disney Parks (inc Waterparks)
    • Universal Parks (inc Wet n Wild and Sea World)

Don't think I can choose. Both have their own merits that the other lacks. Disney are the kings of story-telling and immersion though Universal also offers some awesome attractions with a different vibe to Disney's.Both very different companies and therefore I cannot choose between the two.Edit: Also, why is Sea World included with Universal? Sea World and Busch Gardens parks are under their own separate company along with their sister parks and water parks- ie, nothing to do with Universal.

Edit: Also, why is Sea World included with Universal? Sea World and Busch Gardens parks are under their own separate company along with their sister parks and water parks- ie, nothing to do with Universal.

Yeah very much aware that they are not affiliated in any way but I included them to make it fairer as Disney have 6 major parks, Universal has only two. I also took into account the FlexTicket that Orlando offers which includes Sea World, Aquatica, Wet n Wild and Busch Gardens along with Universal and IOA. So that make 6 parks each.Also if you can't choose, why not just think, where would you go to if it was your last chance to go to any. Which one would you go to if you were only in Orlando for a day?

Putting it like that Jimmy, I'd probs spend my single day at Magic Kingdom- purely because it has something for everyone and is the best introduction to theme parks and themed entertainment. Not an easy choice to make though.I feel as though people concentrate on Orlando too much at times. There are many other Disney and Universal parks that I'd love to try, such as Universal Singapore and Hollywood. Also, this goes without saying, but I'd do many bad things if I got the chance to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort, possibly two of the best theme parks in the world.

Personally I would have to say Disney, I very much enjoyed the Universal parks and they even feature some of my all time favourite rides but there really is something special about WDW and Disney parks in general.These are theme parks where guests of all ages can feel like they are children again. Where you can leave the real world at the gates and just enjoy your adventures in highly themed fun lands that are home to some of the most famous cartoon characters and rides in the world.

Universal Hollywood is a bit... lacking though really... It's Revenge of the Mummy is crap in comparison to Florida's, and the Backstage Tour isn't THAT great tbh, especially some of the scenes are just, made of why...Aside from the Mummy, the only other major rides are Jurassic Park... And the usual simulators/cinemas (Simpsons and Terminator)... So they're getting Transformers next year (or whenever it's opening, not sure), but it just seems to lack everything Florida's has...Can't give a good report on Disneyland either... Time constraints on that trip required both parks to be done in a day, meaning selective riding was a must... However, I will say that Magic Kingdom was probably the worst one I've been to out the 3 (Paris and Florida), the lack of room on pathways is a big giveaway to the time that it was constructed, and having been brought up on Paris', I just thought many rides just didn't fit into the park well, such as Matterhorn or the Submarines... Of course, I do need to go back, but that's a long way away, especially with California Adventure's work being done (which I liked btw, didn't mention it, but I thought CA was quite a decent park before all the construction, if tacky, but the new stuff should really make it look proper Disney)...