Wicked Witches Haunt

Garyy

At Beaulea (sp?) near the new forest there is a ride called wheels around the world and is an identical type of ride with all the trains never stoping and the trains turning - sorta brings back a memory but not quite!I really do miss TWWH but things happen for a reason - in this case for the better - nemmesis Inferno Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is also a ride called The Spirit Of London its quite scary in a funny way. Its in Madame Tussauds in London but the cars are taxis instead of funny clam things ;)

EDITED: You have to wait one day to get the video My limits was exeeded I will find a new file host in a while.Here you go its the Wicked Witches Haunt Onride video And the Magic Mill Onride video the download is available for 90 days you need to put in a code on the top right of the page and wait 20 seconds then download the video.Phantom FantasiaMagic Mill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi MCchappy the last 2 videos are both magic mill I.e. phantom fantasia is the magic mill too

EDITED: You have to wait one day to get the video My limits was exeeded I will find a new file host in a while.Here you go its the Wicked Witches Haunt Onride video And the Magic Mill Onride video the download is available for 90 days you need to put in a code on the top right of the page and wait 20 seconds then download the video.Phantom FantasiaMagic MillSORTED LOL

• 5 months later...

My post on the last page. How DIRE.ANYWAY.WWH. Beautiful ride.Come to think of it, Every tussauds attraction, I think, more or less has/had a non-stop moving ride.'Wheelz' At Beaulieu National Motor Museum is just a flat track.'The Spirit of London' At Madame Tussauds, however, is more similar to WWH. (e.g you travel upwards and downwards to different levels)

MChappie. Its saying the links you put on for the videos have been deleted :).Anyway, I dont have many memories of the ride apart from one postcard. All I do know is that the cars were called Doom Buggies, these still run on the Phantom Manor/Haunted Mansion rides in the Disney parks and one ride in Europa Park, Germany called Ghost Castle, which is the closest to the Thorpe ride. There was a loop of music and talking that was played during the walk through section of the ride before the station which I have on tape.I know that I used to love this ride and it's sadly missed in my opinion. I know Thorpe would'nt be what is is now if the fire had'nt happened. I always stand by the loos opposite Detty and look across to where it used to be and have vague memories of Thorpe in the past.I also remember the Chandelier of skulls above the station, grasping dim lit candles. I don't know if it rotated like the Ghost Castle in Germany though.http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2826973200093308501UwNgsQ

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

'Wheelz' At Beaulieu National Motor Museum is just a flat track.'The Spirit of London' At Madame Tussauds, however, is more similar to WWH. (e.g you travel upwards and downwards to different levels)

Went on Wheels yesterday - wicked, legendary, bought back some memories of my youth. Click here for topic.The Spirit of London at Madame Tussauds is just fab!

• 1 month later...

I was very young when it was still around, I was scared of the huge witches head outside screaming "HAHAHAHA!!!" and had to run past it on my way to thunder rapids every time, I only wnet on it a couple times and I was terrified, there's still a cart on the ferris wheel along with many other old rides in the area I forgot it's name, with all the old characters thorpe park was based on, ranger county, thats it.

• 6 months later...

The Thorpe Park fire in July 2000, the worst thing to ever hit the park, destroyed Wicked Witches Haunt, as we all know. But was it called that or Phantom Fantasia?Because I went in about August 1999 and then not again until August 2000, only to discover the fire had occured. I don't recall hearing about the fire in the news during July 2000. I was devastated to discover one of the best rides at the park at the time had gone. It was one of the reasons for purely going to Thorpe Park.I still walk past Detonator today and think about Phantom Fantasia, the better name.This YouTube video brings back some great memories:

This one brings back some bad memories - the fire aftermath:

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this ride, well I remember going through the line then seeing the cars then walking back from the line as I wouldn't ride haha. I was really upset when I heard it burnt down though :o.Thank you Theme Park Bloke I couldn't remember where it was, I spent alot of the time on Saturday trying to think (the park has changed alot since the last time I went...which would have been 1997/1998 I think haha).

• 5 weeks later...