SW7 - Actors or No Actors?

Stokesyboy

Not sure where to put this topic but going to put it here for now anyway!

Was reading around on some other forums and a discussion started about whether you think there should be or shouldn't be actors for SW7?

Personally I think I'd like to see roaming area actors rather than queueline actors similiar to what Thorpe Park did with The Swarm on the first couple of opening days. With The Swarm actors it really created an atompsphere when you walked up to the island and had army officers shouting at you and you had the vicar walking around and of course the injured people. I'm not sure what they could do with SW7 though other than what they did at Scarefest with the Dr walking around with his two nurses but even so that might help build up the atompsphere?

Do you think that the ride staff should wear some sort of costume/uniform that links to the ride similiar to what happens over on Nemesis: Sub Terra?

What do you think?

I recogn it will be of a similar scale of costuming to Sub Terrible. I.e. all of the staff working on the ride themed to the ride. Extra staff walking or loitering around the ride. Even though, it wouldnt supprise me if on ride opening day (which I think is penned for day before scarefest starts ;) ) if we see extra actors brought in for that day.

Sub Terra doesn't have any 'extra' staff loitering around the ride (unless it's broken, which resulted in not many people asking questions about it), just a whole load of staff members... And it's not terrible, never has been tbh, but that's a different matter...

I would hope they do something for opening, I wish our parks on a whole would make more of an effort with ride's opening, Swarm seemed to be a step in the right direction this year, can only hope the parks continue that...

As for having actors, I'd rather not, a big expense and they need to be integrated well into an attraction, not just tacked on a la Sub Terra (although that made everyone like it, so what do I know)... It's a tricky balance, but I'd rather the parks focus spending on using permanent features to create an experience and atmosphere, not rely on "boo scares" to do things...

Actors during opening week would really add to the atmosphere IMO. For the long term, I'd rather SW7 have it's own ride character...something along the lines of Oblivion's Lord of Darkness. It'll be interesting to see how SW7 and the Sanctuary will tie in with the whole dystopian X Sector story.