tech help please

EmilyLovesVortex

a few weeks ago now, I made the foolish mistake of turning windows media player off.

so I installed winamp, and it worked fine.. it had it's bits I didon't like, but my cd ripper which I usually use... power to go, won't work as I don't have my media player turned on (I can't figure out how to turn it back on!)

so can anyone advise me how to turn it back on, or if not, suggest me a new cd ripping software I can install

thank you

emily

Go to...

Control panel > Programs > uninstall a programme.

You will see something that looks like this...

4ux0tcy.png

Click on "turn windows features on or off".

You'll then see this...

RRBdL6Z.png

Find the section marked "Media Features", open it up and check to see if Windows Media Player is checked.

Let us know if this helps, but if you are using Windows 8 then god help you....

• 2 months later...

I have a tec help question...

I have a rather large record collection (actual 12" records) which for boring insurance purposes I need to list. Now I can just write out a list in word, but if I have to do it I'd like to have it more useful to me than that. I'd like to make it searchable by key words, group-able by tags I'd give the entries and things like that, so if I type something in I can get results from my list in the same way you would an online retailer?. What's the best standard (free) software to do something like that?

iTunes? lol You can on do it in folders on your computer, so for instance lets say you had a folder called 'records' with sub folders of the artists, and within those folders the artists themselves, you can search in the top right corner and it will display the song/artist you have searched for. Unless of course I have completely misinterpreted your post :ninja:

I have a tec help question...

I have a rather large record collection (actual 12" records) which for boring insurance purposes I need to list. Now I can just write out a list in word, but if I have to do it I'd like to have it more useful to me than that. I'd like to make it searchable by key words, group-able by tags I'd give the entries and things like that, so if I type something in I can get results from my list in the same way you would an online retailer?. What's the best standard (free) software to do something like that?

I think theres a database program on microsoft. I cant for the life of me what its called, but you can enter all kinds of data and it can compile a database for you based on the data entered. You can then search for specific information etc, similar to how itunes would work, but corresponds to whatever data you enter. Ill see if one of my mates from school knows what the program is, because I did a project in I.T. for GCSE using it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I think theres a database program on microsoft. I cant for the life of me what its called, but you can enter all kinds of data and it can compile a database for you based on the data entered. You can then search for specific information etc, similar to how itunes would work, but corresponds to whatever data you enter. Ill see if one of my mates from school knows what the program is, because I did a project in I.T. for GCSE using it.

Ah, that's the sort of thing I was thinking. I've looked about for a free equivilant and Apache OpenOffice has something called 'base' which has decent write ups, I'll give that a go.

Thanks!