Filming onride

GladiatorFanKyle

Question

12 answers to this question

I know cameras are not allowed on rides but I know if you ask sometimes you can film. Who would I have to ask regarding filming the ride? I have a strap that locks onto my wrist so my camera could not fall off!

It is definately forbidden to film on the rides at thorpe park/merlin attractions. I have emailed in before regarding this and they said that there is no way which you would be able to film on one of their rides. However, regarding this, I have seen many onride videos on youtube of the rides so I am guessing that these people have just broken the rules and gone on with cameras. People at thorpe usually get away with this however at alton towers I have seen them stop the rides before just to remove people's cameras. The safest bet is to email in yourself however if they say no I would reccomend not taking your cameras on the rides.

Also, just wondering, what strap is this? Might be interested in getting one!

Either what Ryan said or it would be sort of aloud on a media day but then the only people that would probably be aloud is a massive site like Coasterforce or TPR, or a TV channel like the beeb or ITV.

Even enthusiast sites need formal permission, regardless if using Go-Pros or just taped up cameras on the front of rides...

And even then, not every park will let this happen...

Even enthusiast sites need formal permission, regardless if using Go-Pros or just taped up cameras on the front of rides...

And even then, not every park will let this happen...

Exactly so there is no bloomin way they are going to let some random guy take a loose camera on a ride. Sorry Kyle.

Not as bad as Six Flags though.

I got told off for videoing OFFRIDE and had to delete the video.

I would'nt mind, but it was only a Vekoma Boomerang.

PS. I did'nt delete the footage ;)

I have filmed a few woodies in the USA and they seemed happy with it, as long as it was secure (Family owned parks)

Yeah I heave heard they are really stingy with filming their rides, surprised so many actually get away with it. I know places like Holiday park have a rides lost that they allow you to take the cameras willy nilly, but you need permission for stuff like Giraffica and The Voyage. I heave heard Disney World florida is very relaxed with camera's onride so as long they don't have a flash on.

TBH I don't film on rides much these days due to the hassle and embarrassment of being told off and forcing to remove it,

Any filming I do is usually on just dark and scenic rides and I would never do it on any extreme rides such as most of those at Thorpe as it's too dangerous. I won't be doing any major on ride filming until I at least get go pro and even then there are still restrictions and I'm not likely to buy it anytime soon either.

Must admit, ride restrictions such as no loose articles has certainly become noticeably stricter at the Merlin parks especially Thorpe and Legoland, the latter of which has condemned usage of on ride photography on rides I've filmed on ride in the past.

I can of course see why a lot of restrictions are in place, with how responsible a proportion of the GP seem to be these days so I can't see these restrictions getting looser for a long time, if ever.

I expect these days only, the press, tv companies, journalists, the park themselves and at a push, well established Themepark guides/communities with safe and secure equipment will only receive high guarantee to film on ride these days. Towers is definitely the strictest Merlin park on this matter.