Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

There is an absolutely wonderful Construction Tour of Leviathan on TPR, I highly recommend you check it out! It's got some amazing shots like the couple below, as well as some interesting information about the ride. There's also some good comparison shots showing Dragon Fire (the Arrow multi-looper) underneath Leviathan's huge supports. Quite a few people aren't too keen on the colours still, but I have to say that I love them, looks very fresh and unique :lol:http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1115507#p1115507Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image^Massive bolts being used for this coaster...;)

EDIT - Video for the design and creation of Verbolten's indoor theming, looks interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV6rkUSrCjs&feature=player_embedded

Thank you so much for posting that Benin! This sort of thing is right up my street, particularly when we're using UV on our current set and literally just learnt about the different painting techniques and methods, very exciting to be able to apply it to a theme park attraction. :lol:

There is an absolutely wonderful Construction Tour of Leviathan on TPR, I highly recommend you check it out! It's got some amazing shots like the couple below, as well as some interesting information about the ride. There's also some good comparison shots showing Dragon Fire (the Arrow multi-looper) underneath Leviathan's huge supports. Quite a few people aren't too keen on the colours still, but I have to say that I love them, looks very fresh and unique :lol:http://www.themepark...115507#p1115507 ;)

Posted ImageIs it weird that this photo is the only photo I've seen of Leviathan thank makes me think "Yeah, that's 306ft"? Every other photo makes it look like any other B&M Hyper.

Photos can be excessively deceiving though, just look at some of the Swarm ones.This is why judging rides by photos is never going to give anyone the entire experience.It still looks amazing, dunno who's moaning about the colour though. Evidently that's the new thing for enthusiasts to complain about...

Oh I don't doubt that photos are deceiving, it was just a curious observation. :PPersonally, I love the colours - they're perfect for a big stand-offish ride like Leviathan. You take a colour like that and paste it over a cramped little Vekoma though and it just looks messy. B&M track looks good in any colour. :lol:

Posted ImageSeems Skyrush and The Swarm have a lot in common. Vertical construction took ages to start on both of them, and both of their supports were at some point in contact with water surrounding the construction site. Skyrush is a lot worse in both cases however. Especially the second one as the above picture may justify...

Sorry for the double post but I just read the posts above and wanted to keep my contribution to the subject separate to my Skyrush post.Posted ImageFirstly, I find this photo a weird one for looking big or small. The crest of the lift hill and arguable the main part of the drop make it look like any other B&M hyper, but the bottom of the drop and the proportion of the surroundings in comparison make it look huge! The barrel roll thing that is partially constructed in that picture is of a similar height to The Swarm's main drop, that gives you an idea of how HUGE this thing is...As for the colour scheme, It's personally growing on me, but the below picture pretty much sums up the sheer size of the ride and why CW chose the colours they did.Posted Image

As for the colour scheme, It's personally growing on me, but the below picture pretty much sums up the sheer size of the ride and why CW chose the colours they did.Posted Image

I really like that image from the local area. I can imagine driving up to that park, seeing the two rollercoasters heading to the sky and imagine my adrenaline levels at breaking point. Despite all the oddness of having essentially two hyper coasters, it gives the park a big edge.

^ Agreed with Mark. Cedar Fair have done so much to this park since they took it over in 2007. It's now got 4 200ft+ rides, Drop Zone, Windseeker, Behemoth and now Leviathan. The skyline looks beautiful; with the darkness of Behemoth going over in one direction, then the vivid blue of Leviathan in the other. Also, loving the way Leviathan's lift hill has less supports than Behemoth's :) Can't wait to see this coaster complete and it's hopefully awesome trains! :DPosted Image:D

The Jaws ride at Universal Orlando will (after several times) be closing FOREVER from January next year...http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150406220047852&set=a.208747882851.130990.90867402851&type=1What will replace it? Could be anything... Maybe Transformers? Maybe something else? Just hoping it's not more Potter, over-saturation of it whilst finacially sensible just seems a cop-out to me with the wealth of possible themes Universal could use...

It is Potter. Transformers is not go (at least for now), Potter Phase II has just been signed off and the plan seems to be to connect both parks via the current backstage area and merge them into one large Potter area from one to the other. Solves the thematic problem of having Diagon Alley right next to Hogwarts, and would fit in nicely with the more gritty cityscape environment of the studios. Add to that the plot is way too big for Trasformers, and Thierry Coup has already said it isn't happening. This also ties in with the many rumours of HHN becoming an event spread across both parks in the near future.Personally, I'm furious.

^^Got a source for that stuff? Just wanna read up and see what the consensus is... I thought Phase 2 was solely confined to the remnants of Lost Continent and hence the removal of Sinbad, Poseidon and Mythos... I wouldn't say it would be a thematic problem to have Diagon Alley next door to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, suspension of disbelief is always required and of course it doesn't HAVE to be Diagon Alley...Whilst it would make financial sense to create Potterland 2 - Electric Boogaloo in the Studios, it does reek of a general desperate tying in between the parks, as of course the Studios attendance has seen a rapid death since Potterland's opening... Plus having it in both parks would essentially force people to buy a two park ticket rather than just an IOA one... But an over-saturation of the theme in the resort could provide much digression from the original idea of the area...They could do ANYTHING with the Jaws plot of land... Anything BUT Potterland 2... Hollywood I can accept it being at because quite frankly, it NEEDS something as massive as Potterland, and if they make it as different as rumours say, then it will provide a completely different experience... But two lands in two parks two minutes from each other? No thanks...

Don't understand why there were Transformers rumours for Florida anyway. Isn't it the same ride system as Spiderman?More Harry Potter? No thanks. The current area looks great but there are a lot of other films that deserve an attraction as well. Also, Universal seems to be a lot more cautcious about PR since Potterland opened up, the most annoying being that actors at HHN have been massively toned down because someone punched one in the face.

I'm happy with the current Harry Potter land and stuff but if another park is to get a Harry Potter section, shouldn't it at least be one with a area themed to Warner Bros movies? I understand Universal bought certain factors and rights, but it still makes no sense to me... I think a Transformers ride would be great. It could have a similar plot synopsis to Jaws as well. Travelling around a city and then explosions and Transformers fly every where. It's the sort of ride that goes well with Universal. Plus Islands of Adventures is aimed at more fantasy areas (Harry Potter, Marvel Land etc.) where as Universal has some more realistic selections (Jaws, HRRR for music and Twister and Earthquake for natural disasters). A Harry Potter Land in the studios would break the consistency of the studios rides even if it did bring more revenue...

Harry Potter to come to Universal Studios Hollywood! More info should be announced soon regarding what exactly this new investment will consist of. :(Posted Image

EDIT: "Forbidden Journey confirmed for Universal Hollywood, will go into existing park. Harry Potter expansion confirmed for Universal Orlando, No details yet" - from TPR's Facebook.

Edited by Luke_A