Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Manta at SeaWorld San Diego is really going up quick now!Posted ImageSkyRush, the new semi-winged Intamin Mega Coaster at Hershey Park has also finally started to go vertical, although they are very behind with this construction due to the severe flooding the park had over the late summer. Posted Image^ This is the mounting for the lift motor.Posted Image^ Really tall footers here, obviously to keep the track higher than water level when the river rises.Posted ImageLift and some of the layout... Yay for minimalist Intamin supports (the highest point of the lift is 200ft, and will lift the train at a speed of 18mph) :glare:

I'm going to laugh so hard when that entire drop gets a trim put on it I305 style.Manta looks sweet though, I've been following that the past few weeks and it looks like it'll be a quality coaster. I sort of wish they'd gone with a new name/style though; the one Manta is so different to the other that it seems a bit odd calling them the same thing to me but ho hum.

Drayton can therefore suck on my balls.Why do these places want to make us feel ripped off? Why not put the ticket price to a level where they make enough money, advertise that price, and let people pay it? So many (non theme park geek) friends of mine moan so hard about the parking payment situation, and it's not the loss of £3 (who really is going to miss £3?), it's the fact that they feel tricked, ripped off and conned at the end of their day. What a feeling to leave your guests with.

Could be worse, could be the $15+ American parks charge.It's more the subject of upsetting the status quo with these, having something for free being taken away is something no-one likes. And considering we're only just now coming into it, when you look at our friends in Europe and America, well it was only a matter of time.

Efteling are quiet a silent little beggar at times...Amongst announcing a 17 million euro water show that will apparently be the 3rd biggest in the world (after Vegas and Dubai), they have also decided that for winter, 3D mapping will be used on the buildings of 3 of their rides, Spookslot, Flying Dutchman and Villa Volta... So first, some concept for the water show...Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd now for videos of the Dutchman and Volta buildings...

Needless to say, this park looks bloody immense for this, and this is BEFORE the massive multi-million (40+!) dark ride and area for next year!

So the annual IAAPA show has started in Florida, and many AWESOME things are there for all to see! (Photo's from TPR)Posted Image^ At S&S. This is one of the cars for the new El Loco in Australia. It has two 4-person rows, Lap Bars and audio! This is on the same track layout as any other El Loco however, but should be even more awesome because of the lap bars... oh, and is that a light up logo on the front? :DPosted Image^ This is from Fabbri... it's a posh ferris wheel car O.o Seems a bit weird to me, seeing as most ferris wheels are family orientated, wonder if anyone will be interested in buying it, very random, also wonder if they'll decide to make a version for Cable Cars too... :ninja:Posted Image^ Train for Manta at SeaWorld San Diego, the zero-car very much reminds me of Cheetah Hunt's trains.Posted Image^ This is some contraption from KMG, very unique compared to their other rides (usually spinning or swinging style rides which are easy to put up in a short amount of time) I suspect this thing could take quite some time to put up compared to say the Speed which takes a very short time of around 2 hours...Posted Image^ Lo-Q, the people behind the awesome Q-Bot's have now developed an iPhone application which essentially makes your iPhone the Q-Bot.Posted Image^ New GIANT FlowRider! Wonder if one of these will appear on any future RCCL ships, or at some Water Parks even.Posted Image^ And to end, Europa Park GCI goodness, love the way that this ride is going to enhance the experience of Blue Fire and Atlantica by having those awesome headchoppers added, Blue Fire just looks to get better and better! :wub:Posted Image:wub:

^Could have told you that :PIt'll be ever better when the mouth gets rebuilts at the bottom of the drop...The queue though isn't cute... Or shaded for that matter... Bleh at that... And the station layout ;)EDIT - Video for the design and creation of Verbolten's indoor theming, looks interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV6rkUSrCjs&feature=player_embedded