Top 10's

Mark9

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really have top 10's; I love too many attractions to choose, however, I would say Everest is one of the best attractions I've been on.The coaster part is good but it's just the climax of an intricately detailed story. The coaster portion exists purely as a transit system in which the climax of the story is told.I literally can't wait to go on it again and for my auntie and uncle to experience it.

The coaster part is good but it's just the climax of an intricately detailed story. The coaster portion exists purely as a transit system in which the climax of the story is told.I literally can't wait to go on it again and for my auntie and uncle to experience it.

This.It's after my trip to Florida that I've reaslied that family rides and immersion is so much more important then being scared silly all the time. B&M inverters are everywhere, Everest is one special ride that I enjoyed everytime. The day Chessington decides to grow some balls and build their own 'Everest' so to speak is the day that Chessington wins. Everything.

• 5 weeks later...

Slight update to mine...6 - Fluch von Novgorod (replacing Expedition Ge-Force which has been demoted completely)...Everything else remains the same until I go to Italy (where I fear I will have to do a LOT of re-jigging positions if Katun and Raptor make me go all gooey)...

Updated from February.1. Hollywood Hotel Tower of Terror2. Expedition Everest3. Superman de Acero4. Nemesis5. Black Mamba6. Manta7. Space Mountain8. Euro-Mir9. Megaphobia10. Splash Mountain

I've just swopped the top two around as I've just realised that Tower of Terror is just so perfect and cinematic and atmospheric and fun and awesome that it deserves top place.

• 2 weeks later...

1.Loggers Leap,I know it isnt amazing but it has character and thrill, it brings back good memories for me <3Thorpe Park2.Tonnerre De Zeus,I know I cant spell but it is such a great ride that gave me my first rollercoaster bruise :') Parc Asterix3.Stealth,might be quick but what a thrill, love this ride!!!Thorpe Park4.NemesisThis ride is a classic and is so much fun, really intense and great theming!Alton Towers5.Nemesis InfernoI love this ride, great theming, fast and intense. And at thorpe :(Thorpe Park6.Oblivion,This ridescares the poo out of me but it is too good not to ride :(Alton Towers7.Jurassic Park River Adventure, (FL)Amazing theme, great story, hugee drop, love it!Islands of Adventure 8.Saw fantastic layout, huge drop really enjoyable!?Thorpe Park9.Rage,Really quite amazing for a funfair park, really intense!!!!Adventure Island10.Dragons Fury,Really fast, 90 degrees and decent thrill for a childrens theme park :DChessington

AI? A frickin funfair park. This is the same as thorpe its all year AND apart from one or two rides has MUCH better theming than most of thorpes rides. ;) AI Is A Theme Park Thank You Very Much. ;)

What Makes It Not A Theme Park Then.

It's a collection of rides, without connecting or (mainly) individual themes. ie, rage is a ride sitting on some concrete, Saw is the 'same' ride set in a movie - It has a theme!! I love A.I. btw. I've never noticed this topic, lets have a think about what my top 10 should be.......

So, after a bit of thought.......Coasters only, I can't compare them with dark/flat/water rides.1 - Goliath 6flags MMBecause greying out is always fun. Immense. 2 - Nemesis ATPretty much perfect in every way. By far the best B+M invert I've riden. 3 - Ghost Rider KBFWood, long, fast. Some people moan about it's roughness but that's how I like it.4 - Salvation 6flags MMThis is the smooth fast style of Woodie AT should be looking at. And fire effects on a WOODEN coaster? Yes please.5 - Air -ATIt's a great design for a flying coaster, just the right intensity. Might not be as big and impressive as Tatsu, but rides a whole lot better.6 - Oblivion - ATWithout the new orange 'improvements', of course. Again, it's just the right design for a dive machine and the original pre ride build up really ramped up the fear. SheiKra might do a lot else, but it doesn't do the dive as well so what's the point?7 - Stealth - ThorpeProbably because I haven't riden TTD. 8 - Dragon Fury - ChessingtonSurprising myself putting this in really. But I do love spinning coasters and this is the best example imo.9 - X2 -6flags MMIn may ways quite a horrible painful ride, but it is so unique and does have it's moments of brilliance.10 - Steeplechase - BPBOK, a weird one. Probably one of the least forceful coasters in the world. But I love it, so much fun. Extra points for being a massive F U to health and safety - don't wanna die? Best hold on then!

^Goliath's helix IS bloody amazing... The rest is rather meh though...And Ghost Rider? Blergh...

Your idea of meh and mine differ massively then, Benin - a 255ft drop into a tunnel is not meh in my opinion!! Iv'e just watched a couple of youtube vids of it, we definitely did not come to a stop on the brake run like it seems to most of the time, it just flowed through and the helix blew my mind every time. Maybe that's why I loved it so I wasn't expecting any agreement with GhostRider. It could be one of the reasons I love it so, I was told so many bad things I had no expectations. But I found it somehow smooth but so forceful with plenty of airtime, maybe I rode it on a good day.

Well my top 10 was alot harder to choose then I thought so I'm only going to do attractions in the UK 1.Stealth This is top of my list because of the launch, without Stealth I dont think I would enjoy Thorpe Park.2.Oblivion Blows any other drop on a coaster in Enlgand out of the water, I also enjoy it more then Sheikra.3.Dragons Fury4.Air5.Nemesis Inferno6.Tidal WaveNot to much to say about this one other then the fact that every time I have ridden it I have had so much fun.7.NemesisQuite simply my expectations for this ride were to high and I just did not enjoy it as much as I should have.8.Rush9.Thirteen10. Vampire

It's a collection of rides, without connecting or (mainly) individual themes. ie, rage is a ride sitting on some concrete, Saw is the 'same' ride set in a movie - It has a theme!! I love A.I. btw. I've never noticed this topic, lets have a think about what my top 10 should be.......

So I love you. ;);)

Your idea of meh and mine differ massively then, Benin - a 255ft drop into a tunnel is not meh in my opinion!! Iv'e just watched a couple of youtube vids of it, we definitely did not come to a stop on the brake run like it seems to most of the time, it just flowed through and the helix blew my mind every time. Maybe that's why I loved it so

The drop and the helix are the only good parts of the ride... Then again, I wasn't in the best of moods at that park, so probably I was too annoyed to think that any of the rides could be any good... It did used to be in my top 10, but it left after 2009's America trip...

Oooh, I haven't done one of these yet... (rides and coasters)1. Tower of Terror - easily the best ride I've been on2. Stealth - love the adrenaline rush3. Air4. Oblivion5. The pirate dark ride @ Gardaland - one of the best themed dark rides I've been on, was amazing.6. Saw7. Mumbo Jumbo - really enjoyed that, much better than I expected8. Magic Mountain @ Gardaland - really comfy seats!9. Rock n Rollercoaster10. Dragon's Fury