Ticket Prices

Marc

The reason why I think that offer is purely for premium, is that firstly they need to entice people to buy it, and that'll help.Secondly they make an unbelievable amount of money from the unlimited refills daily, and they rely heavily on AP holders wanting to get the discount to boost sales. Therefore it doesn't make logical sense for it to be for standard.

Yes, it is £10 for season.I think what Keith meant was to justify spending the extra on the pass its self, but I think that the offer is for all pass holders.

Yes that is what I was implying Marc :angry:If any of you guys haven't got a Standard Merlin Annual Pass yet, you can purchase them for £75* until Friday 15th January 2010 :angry:.* This is 50% off usual price.

Looks like Thorpe have increased their prices for the 2010 season, Adult tickets on the day are now £36 and online tickets are £29.

Their pricing is becoming a joke now, only 2/3 years ago online tickets were £24. Even then, that was quite a lot of money for just a day in a theme park.

Course they can, they can charge however much they want! Think about it, every time they get a new attraction they use more Electricty, and what not, then they pay for licensing of the attraction. so they need extra money to pay for all this.

I wasn't being literal, obviously they can charge as much as they want to. I was just being theoretical, there must be a limit at which people will just stop going to the park? (At least all of the people who buy on-the-day anyway).

Let's look at this logically. The prices are the way they are for a reason. They're developed to ensure they make the most profit possible, and in a way to make people feel as though they're getting a good deal through special offers, online deals and all that.It's also priced that way to encourage people to buy Annual Passes... for instance, I need to visit three times this year before I've got my money back.

Course they can, they can charge however much they want! Think about it, every time they get a new attraction they use more Electricty, and what not, then they pay for licensing of the attraction. so they need extra money to pay for all this.

They increased tickets prices twice during 2008, even though there was no new attraction. And I can't remember much price increases around 2005/2006, when they installed Rush, Slammer and Stealth. Face it, they're trying to bleed everyone dry, and they can have all the excuses in the world (such as charging 50p for maps because for some reason 'it reduces litter'), but all they care about is your money. I know it's a business, but gawd they are experts at pissing everyone off whilst running it aren't they?MikeyT is right actually, I do agree that it's good business logic, but for the moment I'm just moaning and ranting. Logic can come next. :angry:

Although I agree it's a rip-off, to most people, who visit 2 or 3 times a year, these changes will make very little difference to a day out, if any difference whatsoever. We are being very analytical here, as we are on every aspect of theme park life. Entry ticket prices increasing by £1 sounds like nothing when put in that sense, does it?

Face it, they're trying to bleed everyone dry, and they can have all the excuses in the world (such as charging 50p for maps because for some reason 'it reduces litter'), but all they care about is your money

To be honest, thats maps thing is obvious...instead of just handing them out to people who dont want them and are therefore likely to throw them away anywhere. If you charge for maps, only people who need them will buy them, and if you need it your not going to throw it away....

With the maps, I feel that it would just be better to hand out maps free of charge, but only to people if they ask for them. Have them on display in the admissions kiosks, but only hand them out if people ask for them. I know that as an employee in this sort of retail job, you are supposed to ask every visitor whether they would like a map, but I really don't think this should be the case.