Music

Phill

Lady Gaga: 'If you want me to be a manufactured act you can f**k off' - NME magazine,Lady GaGa has asserted that she is not a manufactured popstar and has declared that she could still affect people with just a microphone and a piano.The 'Judas' star has hit out at critics who have claimed that she is a manufactured act due to her controversial videos and outfits."Let me tell you something. If you f**king rip my hairbow and my wig off my f**king head, my shoes, my bra, every single thing on my body, and you throw me on a piano with a microphone, I will f**king make you cry," she told NME magazine."I feel I have been probed endlessly about who the f**k I am. I have been quite open about it. And still nobody seems to have a clue."The singer-songwriter also hit out at major producers who keep sending her demos of tracks."I'm not going to start churning out what you expect," she said. "If you want me to be a manufactured act, you can f**k off."Oh how I love her....

Lady Gaga: 'If you want me to be a manufactured act you can f**k off' - NME magazine,Lady GaGa has asserted that she is not a manufactured popstar and has declared that she could still affect people with just a microphone and a piano.The 'Judas' star has hit out at critics who have claimed that she is a manufactured act due to her controversial videos and outfits."Let me tell you something. If you f**king rip my hairbow and my wig off my f**king head, my shoes, my bra, every single thing on my body, and you throw me on a piano with a microphone, I will f**king make you cry," she told NME magazine."I feel I have been probed endlessly about who the f**k I am. I have been quite open about it. And still nobody seems to have a clue."The singer-songwriter also hit out at major producers who keep sending her demos of tracks."I'm not going to start churning out what you expect," she said. "If you want me to be a manufactured act, you can f**k off."Oh how I love her....

I'm not doubting her for a second, but this might actually be a good idea for her to do... not necessarily the no clothes at all part, but just do a stripped down concert. No fancy effects, costumes, dancers or props, just her and a piano. Saying it won't make the critics stop, she needs to actually go and do it if she really wants to prove herself...

Lady GaGa refused Weird Al Yankovic permission to use his parody on his new album...Considering how big a badge of honour a Weird Al parody generally is, and how he actually doesn't need to ask permission for it as parodies are covered by a different law, it's kinda silly, and she hence loses points (not that I listen to her as it ain't my scene)...

MCR headlining Reading/ Leeds. Do they deserve it?

Not quite. I thought they'd better suited to sub, being top of the bill is quite a risky move considering they don't have the most widespread of appeals other than to their strong 'MCRmy'. But hey, I guess risks sometimes pay off, we'll have to wait and see. (Although I would never know if it did, because personally I can't stand MCR so I won't be seeing them)What makes this a disappointing set of headliners on the whole, starts off with Melvin Benn and his 'Oh yeah we have exclusive headliners, we're so awesome like that'. I guess he didn't think that people were smart enough to realise that two of those R+L headliners (The Strokes and My Chemical Romance) are in fact playing at other UK festivals, but they aren't headlining due to those festivals having more widely appealing bands to headline instead. They're still exclusive headliners, but it's hardly made a brilliant feat anymore is it? I was also perplexed by the decision to put the Dance Tent on Reading Saturday, presumably making the Lock Up Stage Friday and Sunday. Since most of the Main Stage bands on Friday are fairly suited to the Lock Up Tent, that's tough for fans of that genre whose decision on who to see will be made way more difficult on Friday, and it also means those who aren't major fans of Indie will struggle on the so called 'Indie Saturday'. (And I'm not saying none of them will be interested in the Dance Tent, but from my experience of being friends with a lot of fans of Punk music, they won't be crazy about it :P)