Paultons Park

Rich

Just a little insight into a non Merlin Theme Park located near Southampton, Paultons Park.Paultons Family Theme Park in Hampshire, on the edge of the New Forest, offers a great family day out with over 50 different attractions and rides included in the price. The variety of things to see and do includes thrilling and gentle rides, dinosaurs, museums, animated shows, play areas, exotic birds and other fun activities for all ages in garden setting.Paultons has been installing at least one new ride or attraction each year since at least the 90's. 2004 Jumping Bean & Jumping Jack2005 Kontiki & The Magic Carpet2006 The Cobra2007 Trekking Tractors & Gold Rush Falls2008 The Sky Swinger, Johns Garden & Floating Globe with new Plaza area.2009 Edge & Water KingdomThis year the new ride to open at Paultons is on the same date as Saw's opening. It's called Edge, a mega Disk'O coaster made by Zamperla. www.rideontheedge.co.uk for more details.The best attraction the park has is the Cobra which is 54ft high and is a Gerstlauer Bobsled. This was Gerstlauers first ever coaster in the UK. www.cobraride.co.ukI hope some of you might make a trip one day for a fun day out, don't expect extreme thrills as the park is aiming for families with young kids; it is however worth a visit (we could even plan a Mania Hub Trip down there one day).www.paultonspark.co.uk

Yes it is massive Peter. I was surprised how big it was when they constructed it!In other news, anyone who has been in the past might remember The Romany Experience. This attraction has now come to the end of its life and on the 18th March all of the items inside including the caravans will be auctioned off, everything must go.It makes you think, why do this now at the beginning of the season? Are they installing a new ride or attraction inside the building? The building itself is quite tall, if they were to put in for example, a play area like Dennis Mad House, then they could easily fit that in. Could it be an indoor ride or even a 4D cinema or something like that? Who knows! I don't think they will get rid of the building because one end contains their biggest function room upstairs, while downstairs it's Santa's Christmas Wonderland.

• 5 weeks later...

Edge has been testing well and most groundwork is now done. In the ride areas they have put little rocks in to make it look more pleasant and actually looks quite nice. The queue line is nearly finished, signs are going up soon. They have put the Edge logo over the path that goes under one of Cobra's air time hills.On the homepage is a radio type advert for it which plays automatically! I can't wait to be honest! ;)www.rideontheedge.co.uk

I was doing breaks today, didn't do Cobra though. I saw you walking past when I was on the Dragon, also saw you walking past when I was doing the Magic Carpet. And then later on in the day I saw you when I was doing Trekking Tractors tea break, saw you walking past, your mum did look at me I swear! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Edge opened today for the first time to the public at 12pm. I was operating it, it went brilliantly with no faults. Adults and children seemed to of loved it.On the previous weekend just gone it was having staff rides, the staff seemed to be enjoying it.I have had 4 goes on it, 3 on Saturday, 1 Sunday and it's brilliant where ever you sit. There is a row of seats that most of the time get top spin, but as the ride cycle is so long, around 3 minutes, it's not just the same seats getting top, it slowly changes.It seems slow, but when you're on it, it really is quite fast! :)