Paultons Park

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Jumping Bean is awesome although at the moment it is having a mechnical issue and is currently unavaliable!! And yes Paultons Family Theme Park have NEVER changed their log flume. It's the EXACT same one they had since they got it in 1999!! It may look newish but it is getting on a bit now for a travelling fair ground ride! It gets repainted every year and the boats all go off one at a time throughout the year for their yearly saftey checks and get a repaint at the same time!

Pfft! Can't have people saying wrong stuff about my park!!! :)Also if anyone is interested, taken from Coasterforce website:

As a thank you for enthusiasts support over the recent years, particularly during the planning permission problems, Paultons Park are holding an Enthusiasts Day on Saturday 11th September!Invitations have been sent to CoasterForce and the RCCGB. I requested that the invite is extended to all enthusiast groups as we all enjoy days like these. Those present at the Corkscrew final day will probably agree that when we all get together for a special event, it's a memorable occasion!What's happening?08:15: Arrival and entry to the park.08:30 - 09:00: Opportunity to photograph Edge and Cobra from areas not normally accessible to the the public.09:00 - 10:00: ERT on both Edge and Cobra.10:15 - 10:30: Peppa Pig World presentation by Stephen Lorton in the Cedar Room.10:30 - 11:00: Guided tour of the Peppa Pig World building site.11:00 - 13:00: Co-ordinates Competition. A treasure hunt style game where people can win park/coaster related stuff.13:00: Presentation to the winners on the Cobra patio.13:15- close: Enjoy the rest of the park.There is also an optional meal, £6.55 for a 12oz drink, beans, chips and sausage-or-nuggets-or-veggie alternative.How much?£14.50 - the standard group rate! It's undecided how this will work, it may be pay-on-the-day or booked in advance. I'll keep you posted.How do I sign up?CoasterForce members: Usual form stuff I'm afraid. See below.RCCGB members: See the Trips section on the RCCGB website.Other groups: Please ask your leader who will advise you.Other group members (excluding the RCCGB) may sign up using the CoasterForce form (don't worry if you're not a member) and I'll deal with the admin and payment. If you do this, please let your group leader know so our numbers tally.SIGN-UP FORM: http://www.coasterforce.com/Paultons_Park_Enthusiasts_DayThis should be a great day out and a great opportunity to meet like-minded people, geeks and park staff! It's also a week after my birthday, there's no better way to help me celebrate my 30th! RazzI hope to see you all on the 11th!For directions and other information, please see the Paultons Park website: www.paultonspark.co.uk

Coasterforce link can be found here!

I pass the turnoff to Paultons everytime my family goes down to our holiday house. Never been though as I haven't convinced anyone to go before.

Definitly worth a trip. There's no denying it is a kids park but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go. Kobra and Edge are very solid rides and their Griffins Galleon type ride (It's name escapes me) is an awesome ride. For those that think Griffins is a bit shoddy.. they need to get on Paultons version as it is incredible. :)

Would anyone actually reconmend going to Paultons Park? - Except you Rich! :blink:

Yes, apart from the obvious Cobra and Edge appeal it has quite a few hidden gems, such as the Stinger (which is amazing in the back row), Jumping Bean, Raging River, lots of awesome animals and the Gardens which seperate the two halves of the park. It's probably not the kind of park aimed at my age group but it still managed to keep me and Tomothy occupied for the whole day.

• 2 weeks later...

Went today for the first time in years!! The Edge is way better than I was anticipating, especially the supposed 'big bump' on the hill; it's really not painful like people said. Well, it might be different for guys B) but my male friend made no complaints :lol: Favourite rides there are The Edge and the Jumping Bean. That little drop tower is a load better than it looks! I could've spent my day on that :lol: They have such a nice variety of rides at Paultons which is always a plus, and they kept my friend, her little brother and me happy, and the staff were really polite too which always helps to brighten the day (especially with the miserable weather today). Overall, a nice day out and I'm glad I've finally been back :(

Why does Paulton's Kontiki spin MUCH faster than Chessington's :P? Just something I've been wondering for a while :)

Different speed setting is the answer here... Paultons have a lot more belief in their version and obviously do enjoy making it a more exciting ride for the kids...Griffins of course can go faster... But it's a case of getting it changed and whether or not the management want to do that...Another mystery solved Watson...