Random

Phill

Mac World starts today with Steve's Key Note starting at 5:00. My favorite Mac time of the year, haha ;)So last year we got the iPhone, any bets for this year? My money is on:- Ultra Portable MacBook- iPhone SDK- iTunes Update- Movie Rentals- One more thing.This years clue is "There's something in the air", last years was "We need to talk" (iPhone), and year before was "Life is Random" (iPod Shuffle). Hmm how cryptic! Bingo cards at the ready...

Ommgoes, Apple g33k fit ;)I caught the end of it, iPhone update baby! ;) Although, $20 to get it on the iTouch, what a rip! Especially when you can get all that functionality for free on a hacked one.MacBook Air ey. Well I never. If I roll into £700 or so at some point, hell yeah I'll get one! Ok, I give up being refined, that this is a GORGEOUS engineering feat, I love how Apple always keep the design together too, best of both worlds. As for the optical drive sharing, that s**t is just damn awesome!

f**k ME! £1,199!! Silly me for thinking $1,799 might actually turn out to be somewhere near the exchange rate!Well f**k getting that then, that is a lot of money, even if it is inline with competitors!It's still fit as though ;)Edit: Ok, I screwed up the maths, £700 is very wishful thinking! Conversion says £914, so I guess the price ain't to bad. Especially considering what you get for the money. Phwoar.

I love the classic white design of the MacBook, I hope they don't change the entire range of hardware products over to the gunmetal. The white is old skool! That said, I adore the latest iMacs. It's swings and roundabouts!Seb - conversion makes a differance when the product gets to the UK and you are charged more than if you bought it in the US. For example, the MacBook Air is £1,199 in the UK and $1,799 in the US. If you convert the UK price to USD, you are paying $2,356.

Others things anounced this Mac World are:- Time Capsule (Wirless storage for Time Machine)- iPhone Update (Location on Google Maps, Home Screen Improvment, Multiple MMS , etc)- Movie Rentals (Not for the damn Uk though)- New Apple Tv software (For Movie Rentals, Flickr, etc)- iPod Touch Extra Apps (Mail, Maps, Notes, etc. But for a price, which sucks a lot, but I can see the reason behind it, £12.99 though, sheesh.)Thoughts on it all? I think the MacBook Air is great as a piece of design, but for me personally, the functionality isn't there. Don't get me wrong, ITS GREAT, but I don't really need something that thin, as I don't travel that much, but for someone who does I'm sure they'll love it. Apple TV Take 2 looks good, when movie rentals come to the UK I'll certainly consider one.And iPod Touch extra apps... I'm disappointed. I know they have to make their money back some how, what with the free updates for Apple Tv, iPhone, etc, but this could have been done for free, since its just taken from the iPhone. I was really looking foward to this and being able upgrade and not have to hack the s**t out of my iPod.Time Capsule, when I get Leopard I will poberly fork out for one, as I don't have any back ups.Soo urr yeah my thoughts (Y).

But the exchange rate is only like that because the dollar is weak atm, its improving though.. if this was in a few months time, the difference will be much tigher..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but my point is, there is that differance. I despise how we are charged a premium for things in comparison to buying from the US, which is why I'm not surprised so many people have been taking shopping trips to New York of late!Of course I fully understand the reasons for it, the higher running costs of stores in the UK, the additional cost of shipping and the stupidly high amount of VAT we pay, what I'm saying is I don't agree with it.

Of course I fully understand the reasons for it, the higher running costs of stores in the UK, the additional cost of shipping and the stupidly high amount of VAT we pay, what I'm saying is I don't agree with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember that America is also larger, it is therefore cheaper to supply with more demand, and they wont buy something which is too expensive.If you dont like the price, dont buy it.. if everyone else took same attitude, we'd end up seeing a nice cheap apple product. It's expensive for snob effect crap.I love economics.