SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I think the surprise is sort of ruined in the 2nd car. I was in the 1st car at the front on my first ride and hadn't looked at the ride plans and as I heard no other cars I had no idea what was going to happen. You won't get a choice in the seating arrangements as the staff working on Saw sort it out and won't let you move to increase throughput I think. Would be nice if the back seats were slightly raised but it's not going to happen.

Nice idea Dan about the back seats being raised, as you can't actually see past them as they're so bulky and there is little to no room between the seats. But if they raised them the would have to change loads of things; like the head choppers. And by making those further it would sort of ruin the effect for the people on the front row as they would be so far away.

The problem I have with the back row is that I'm too small and therefore can't see anything. Also without getting any wind in your face, Saw is just another 'sitting down whilst turning around a few corners' feeling. I guess this makes it extra annoying that for the last six times I've ridden Saw, the attendant has always told me to go to Row 2. :P

However, Oblivion has a raised back row. Therefore, "all positions offer a front seat view". The same with Duel at Alton Towers. I think if you are going to see theming around you, the back row always has to be raised otherwise some will miss out.Yesturday I saw the spikes and blades long before the drop and it gave a better effect. Last time I would either miss them completely or only see them for a split second because I was in the back row. However, the ride model that Saw has was not designed to see theming and therefore the cars would have to be especially modified. Oblivion has a raised back seat because the whole ride model was built from scratch as it was the world's first, so it was taken into account that back row riders might miss out.I am STILL yet to see Billy's speech, though!:P

Peter, you're not missing anything much by seeing Billy, I feel it worsens the ride as the ride doesn't really get up to speed as it just keeps stop-starting, he basically says along the same sorts of lines as what is said in the film 'hello I want to play a game', 'live or die, make your choice', 'this is what happens when you lose' some thing like that, and talking about changes to the ride, I personally think that no further modifications will be made, maybe a smoke effect or something coming out the bathroom scene/inline twist. But apart from that I don't think there will be anything else.

I don't feel the problems with Saw, yes I sometimes get a headache after but not very often, the most painful thing I find is when we're waiting back in the station after going round and the restraint is pushing down on my right leg, I don't know if anyone else gets this but I always get it. Adam, that's where I always sit :P

I rarely have discomfort on the ride. The only time when I had a bad experience from the ride was my second ride. I got the head banging and I felt a bit mashed up.Don't get me wrong, I can see where people experience discomfort, but it doesn't bother me. Lucky I guess. :P

What I do on uncomfortable rides is push my head against one side of the restraint and push against the g-force, I do that on all rides that cause me discomfort apart from Colossus, what I do is put my head behind my head and make it look like I'm sunbathing :P surprisingly it works :P

I do the hand behind head thing on fast waterslides as I tend to scrape my head on them. Didn't think about doing that on Saw though. I get the tight leg thing as well and the only way to stop it is to have nothing in my pockets. I am so glad Saw and Stealth are the rides with a wristband system as I cause myself a lot of discomfort if I have things in my pockets and therefore put all stuff in my bag when I hand it in which in would never do on open bag storage ride.