Closed Rides

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday saw alive was closed for obvious reasons :-)Slammer down all daySamurai down half the daywas abit gutted to be honestalong with vortex's issues and storm surge pond dipping (be advised with storm surge prepare old shoes) we were told to sit in a boat almost knee deep in water wasnt impressed it was above the seats going up the lift hill felt sorry for my mate who got a nice bum wash with that.

So they're choosing their own convenience over guest comfort? And you all wonder why people slam Thorpe so much. :(

Those hoovers are useless to be honest. It would take about 20 minutes to clean Sea Dragons with those sodding hoovers so in all honesty I'm not surprised they've gone for tipping the boats instead.

So they're choosing their own convenience over guest comfort? And you all wonder why people slam Thorpe so much. :(

Err... Their own convenience? You do realise that the longer they spend hovering boats the longer the queue would not move... So id say the quickest soloution is in the intrest of the guests just as much as the staff..

Why not have a plug hole in the bottom of the boats you can like open and let all the water out... Seems sensible...

The undesiables may notice the plug during the ride and decide to open it when the boats floating back to the station.It would be a 21st century version of the Titanic. :(

Err... Their own convenience? You do realise that the longer they spend hovering boats the longer the queue would not move... So id say the quickest soloution is in the intrest of the guests just as much as the staff..

I'd rather wait that extra 10 minutes and not be sitting in a boat full of water to be honest

Well to be fair, your wording was 'its just as quick to tip the boat'. Honestly, I would have no idea how this hoover system would work exactly but from your post all I know about it is that it takes the same amount of time as tipping it out. Mark9 has already corrected me but you are giving me totally different information here...

But they are getting rid of the water if they're tipping the boats.. are they not doing that anymore?

Yes they are when they need doing.And dan my bad, id say its much quicker to tip them, the hover would need them to dismantle the boats, hover out and put them back togeather, tipping is a simple tip over and put the bits back in.

The undesiables may notice the plug during the ride and decide to open it when the boats floating back to the station.It would be a 21st century version of the Titanic. ;)

Well if it's undesirables doing it, then I see no problem with letting them drown :(