• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Like the line up?

• Love it!
    • It's ok
    • No

Wasn't really sure if it fit in to discuss in the music topic :P

Anyone planning on going? (How amazing is the line-up though!)

m9WgV8H.jpg?8795

I'm more of a dance music person myself so when I saw some of these announced I almost cried with happiness (Skrillex, Sub focus, Chase & Status, Knife Party, Disclosure & Azealia Banks) and they haven't even anounced the majority of the Dance & 1xtra stages yet! :wub:

It seems alot of people have that opinion :closedeyes:

I'm just happy it's slowly going in a direction similar to Glastonbury etc :wub:

Lineup preference is subjective of course but the atmosphere and demographic who attend the festivals is completely different. Reading and Leeds attract a much younger crowd. Even the timings of the festivals suggest that. Glasto is during GCSEs/ A Levels normally, while Reading and Leeds start just after GCSE results day. From 2005-2010, it used to sell out before bands were even announced so they were doing something right. In comparison, it 'sold out' a few weeks before the event last year because there was a deal with Viagogo.

Lineup preference is subjective of course but the atmosphere and demographic who attend the festivals is completely different. Reading and Leeds attract a much younger crowd. Even the timings of the festivals suggest that. Glasto is during GCSEs/ A Levels normally, while Reading and Leeds start just after GCSE results day. From 2005-2010, it used to sell out before bands were even announced so they were doing something right. In comparison, it 'sold out' a few weeks before the event last year because there was a deal with Viagogo.

I more meant the type of acts they're booking :P The past couple of years R/L has booked way more dance acts then you would've seen say 5 years ago

If the Reading Friday was on the Sunday and headlined by Biffy instead of GD (but I don't mind Green Day, just prefer Biffy - also FOB/SOAD are interchangeable...) I would get a day ticket. But I don't have enough moneyz to do the whole weekend and the Friday is off-limits as girlfriend's birthday anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...