Alton Towers & Waterpark TPM Meet June 2014

AJ

Well I know me and another party are staying at a travelodge in Newcastle - if you are interested in attending please contact me and I will try my best to help you go with a party and help with transport and hotels if I can ^_^

Just for your information guys (and guy-esses). Last year, when you came up to my kneck of the woods, I dragged you to the Titanic Brewery pub (The White Star) for dinner. Unfortunately in the past month they have had a new menu and the food quality and value has gone significantly down hill. So if you want an evening meal can I suggest The Cherry Tree (http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/pubs/cherry-tree-newcastle) which is a Hungry Horse pub at the end of the high street in Newcastle Under Lyme. The food there is reasonable quality and reasonable value for money and they have no problem with anyone who doesnt want to prove that they are over 18 and it also means that none of you guys have to drive so can all have a pint.

NOOOOoooooo not the titanic pub - I have been bigging that place up to people in my car as I was really looking forward to going back there with that wonderful burger they did!

But the cherry tree is a good alternative, will be perfect being up the road from the sleepin quarters!

Thanks for the heads up stretchy ^_^

I wasn't actually aware of this until the last few days when numerous people have asked me if I'm going to Alton next weekend for the TPM thing. Shows how long it's been since I came on the forums. I'm tempted to go, should be a laugh, and with a good group won't seem that much worse than the recent Germany and Sweden trips I've done. Although £53 at this time for Travelodge in Newcastle, so tempted to go halves or something with people. Although if you're not in my neck of the woods or on the way to or from Alton I can't drive anyone home from Towers, etc. But can to and from the hotel obv if we're sharing etc.

Not me, I don't have anything to swim in :lol:

That's if I attend the meet; I still need to find a lift and some lovely people to Travelodge it with :blush: I don't know who is driving up, plus I feel bad/too shy to ask directly, so I'd rather just ask here :ninja:

I have looked at trains etc, but the total cost of transport from my house to the park itself - for just one day - is the same, maybe more, than petrol and hotel costs per person in a group for both days! The total journey time for the trains there and back is 8 hours, before I've even travelled to/from the park :mellow: And unless I leave my house at about 5am, I wouldn't get there for opening and I have a feeling I'd have to leave before park closing to get the bus, might be wrong though...

Either way, I can't justify spending that much money and time on travel for what *might* be one whole day at the park, if there's a chance I could spend about the same for a whole weekend.

Not too sure what to do, I don't have a Merlin pass so I'd have to get a 2 day ticket. But then would it be pointless me buying a ticket for the Saturday if we're going to the waterpark Saturday afternoon? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Not too sure what to do, I don't have a Merlin pass so I'd have to get a 2 day ticket. But then would it be pointless me buying a ticket for the Saturday if we're going to the waterpark Saturday afternoon? Anyone else in a similar situation?

BUY a Merlin annual pass ;)