Annual Pass Preview.

TPJames

Question

Hi, just a quick question here.

I will be visiting the AP preview on thursday and have a booked place and ticket. I was wondering if they look at both your ticket and your pass or just your ticket. My reason being that I dont want loads of non ap holders turning up on the night who have tickets(as you didn't need your pass number to book), therefore increasing wait times.

If anyone went last year and could tell me roughly how the event ran as a whole it would be really appreciated.

19 answers to this question

Does it work the same way on normal fright night days for annual pass holders... Or do you have to get a ticket from the ticket office by showing the printed ticket and your annual pass, as it will be so annoying with the queues to actually get your ticket let alone get in!!

SCBs post explains how the system works^^

Basically:

1) at 5pm the Park closes and everyone leaves.

2) make sure you have the eventbrite ticket printed off

3) once the Park is clear of day guests (5:45 ish) they'll start letting Pass holders in

4) this happens by you joining the cattle pen queue set up by the ticket boothes, the staff then manage the front taking the paper ticket you have printed off at home from you

5) walk up to the turnstiles as usual and scan your pass

6) go in and enjoy

Don't worry, there are lots of staff ensuring no one jumps that queue or tries to sneak up to the turnstiles just to scan their pass. It's a tried and tested system that works well.

Yes, I wonder if they've realised it overlaps. Basically it's just a VIP meet & greet with the Merlin team with free food & drinks.

I wonder if the VIP guests get to use their unlimited fastrack on the night.. I hope not.

I have a feeling the night will be quite busy, if the VIP guests get to experience the event we are potential seeing around 8000 guests on park, including all annual pass holders and press members. This will probably lead to around 60min queues for the mazes. I heard last year that things stayed around 15-30mind most of the time going up to 45-60max on occasions so hope it is similar this year.

Hopefully it won't be too bad as it is on a Thursday.  I heard that the last time they did it on a Thursday it was dead.

Forgot about that, also the fact that anyone could book a ticket means that there could have been a lot of people who booked who don't actually have passes. Hoping not to have to wait over 30mins for anything as want to do all 5 mazes and samurai, slammer and swarm in the dark! :D

Forgot about that, also the fact that anyone could book a ticket means that there could have been a lot of people who booked who don't actually have passes. Hoping not to have to wait over 30mins for anything as want to do all 5 mazes and samurai, slammer and swarm in the dark! :D

Personally I am hoping for heavy rain.  :lol:

Tbh I want to do Studio 13 at least twice on the preview night but I doubt that will happen...

VIP pass holders get their usual unlimited fastrack wristband for rides and a complimentary one shot fastrack on all mazes (this applies to every frightnight not just preview)

Do you know if priority passes will be in operation on preview night?(the ones you collect from guest services).

Don't get your hopes up about Slammer can't see them opening that for obvious Slammer reasons!

Weather looks like it'll be pretty meh, people will have booked extra tickets for their friends in case they could come but they might not be able to. I wouldn't worry about it until the night. I'm getting there early to go on the flats and coasters so then we only have to worry about the mazes (coasters in the dark can be done the following Friday :P )

I'd expect them to honour them considering VIP fastrack is in operation but don't know for certain sorry.

Okay thanks, will wait till the night. Have to collect them from guest services though and unsure if that will even be open let alone if I will be allowed to use these priority passes on the mazes.

Okay thanks, will wait till the night. Have to collect them from guest services though and unsure if that will even be open let alone if I will be allowed to use these priority passes on the mazes.

I'd expect Guest Sevices to be open but if they're not then go to the ticket collection windows and they'll help (at least that's what happened at Summer Nights when Guest services was shut)